This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
    This honestly disgusts me *puke* buh bye you can go party with LeBron and lets see if he lets you into the locker room

the way how you start chaos and then just run off with out even defending your self , I swear this is just disgusting, it's not even funny, I'm trying not be rude but honestly if your gonna come back......Don't
    Ain't no body missin you.....
    jump on some other bandwagon try the nets and we'll see how you come runnin back to us in April
    Boom. Akash gets told off by a teenage Girl.

Stay golden Mamba!

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
      1. I'll wait until it happens before reacting. We might get him on a reasonable contract, we might sign-and-trade him, we might sign him for more than we'd like, then trade him midway through next season (as MU did with Nene). We should have loads of cap space in 2015 summer even accounting for the raises to Ross and JV.

2. Lots of draft prospects in our range will be able to improve the team in the short term, or the draft pick could be traded for an instant upgrade. DeRozan's trade value has never been higher, and he's on a value contract.

3. Sure, and building a contender is hard work that requires a bit of luck. Some GMs lucked their way to building a contender (possibly Demars, whose moves over the last few years suggest he isn't that great a GM), and others make decent moves overall but can't get up to true contender status (Atlanta). Lack of experience is never reason to discount a GM's chances of building a contender... the only thing to discount a GM is a history of bad decisions, which Ujiri hasn't shown.

I can respect that there's a time when fans need to take some time off. I'm sort of taking time off from the NHL team I cheer for right now, because the on-ice product is unwatchable many nights. But the actual quality of ball that the Raptors are playing is enough to make me watch through this year (though there are still quarters that make me wince like vince). I have no delusions (I think) about the Raptors odds: chances are they don't win a championship, regardless of the moves they do or do not make this year. If you were coming into this season thinking that they would make moves that would signal their ascension into the elite, those were probably unrealistic expectations. I think the Raptors have modestly improved their chances of becoming a contender, with the moves they've made and the growth that players have shown (both as potential championship pieces as well as potential trade pieces).
      Javale McGee/Nene trade and then JM resigned.

That in hindsight was a bad deal.

Comment

This is funny what's happening in here

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
          Nobody is forcing you to cheer for this team man. Talk about drama. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
          Why if someone questions the direction of the team is it suggested they leave and cheer for another team?

Fans of a team don't have to be all love and adoration, especially if they think the team is moving in the wrong direction.

The team play has improved but they have accomplished absolutely nothing at this point and many fans were saying the exact same things in 2007.

If a fan has a difference of opinion it's one thing but to suggest he shouldn't be a fan of the team because of it is offensive and irrational.

I have serious misgivings about this team as currently constructed and am concerned they are going to get locked into a team that has a 2nd round ceiling at the very best and none of you can tell me to cheer for another team as I've been a fan since inception, which could very well be a lot longer than many of you talking that "don't let the door hit you on the way out" nonsense.

Comment

Guys don't you see what's happened here ... for good or for worse, akash has brought us all together!
            We finally ALL agree on something!

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
              I have serious misgivings about this team as currently constructed and am concerned they are going to get locked into a team that has a 2nd round ceiling at the very best and none of you can tell me to cheer for another team as I've been a fan since inception, which could very well be a lot longer than many of you talking that "don't let the door hit you on the way out" nonsense.
              Difference being, you're not saying "you can't support this team anymore".
              You're saying the exact opposite as I understand it; "none of you can tell me to cheer for another team as I've been a fan since inception".

Totally different tune than akash.

Comment

So Akash, you planning to stay in the Division or you movin' out west?
                What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

OldSchool wrote: View Post
                  The team is finally over 500, playoff bound and finally have a squad that gels well on the court and this dudes frustrated as hell, talking about ditching the team for good?!?

Peace. Be gone.
                  And what will you say next year if they fall back into the lottery next year?They are only a few games over .500 in one of the weakest conferences in modern day sports but all fans should jump up and cheer and not be critical, just because?lol

You'd think after the BC debacle most of you guys would be a little bit cautionary and actually try and look down the road at the bigger picture here. Even if you don't it's all good, but you can't knock other fans for having different opinions than yours, even if you don't like it.

Comment

Why if someone questions the direction of the team is it suggested they leave and cheer for another team?

Fans of a team don't have to be all love and adoration, especially if they think the team is moving in the wrong direction.

The team play has improved but they have accomplished absolutely nothing at this point and many fans were saying the exact same things in 2007.

If a fan has a difference of opinion it's one thing but to suggest he shouldn't be a fan of the team because of it is offensive and irrational.

Did you read his original post? HE said he was leaving.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

...as if the 'west' is the Raptors' penalty box or something...

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

...as if the 'west' is the Raptors' penalty box or something...
                        It's close...
                        Last edited by lilmamba_; Wed Feb 12, 2014, 06:25 PM.
                        What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                        The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                        No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                          Did you read his original post? HE said he was leaving.
                          lol, though I disagree with much of his view of the state of the team, that's what makes his ranting so humourous/entertaining. he needed to vent again I guess.

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised to see Akash take his talent to South Beach LOL! Most Heat fans are bandwagoners.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                              good riddance. this place doesn't need any more whiny crybabies. you're welcome for bumping your thread up to satiate your attention-seeking self.
                              The only problem with this analogy, is that the 76'ers traded Jrue for draft picks. If they trade Demar for an established young player, you might not fetch as much as DD's on that $9 million dollar deal, which is reasonable but might not be enough to get a young star in return and probably will not be able to get a young up and comer on his rookie deal due to salary mismatches.

If they trade him for picks like what 76ers did with Jrue then why were you trying at all this year to compete? You should have bottomed out as soon as possible if that was the goal.
                              True.

I personally think it was attempted.

Unfortunately they started winning and you have to play hand dealt.

Maybe Lowry and DD return two high picks this year on draft night/July 1st, another next year, and 2015 draft is the one Raps aim to be high in.

I don't know of course, just throwing it out there.

Possibilities are endless.

Comment

This thread is hilarious. I understand the frustration that the OP has but I don't think the team is stuck in the middle.. not yet anyway. Perhaps there was a lost opportunity (still an avid tanker at heart) but this team still has lots of potential to become a legit contender.

To address each of the OP's points:

Lowry's contract status is unknown of course. But say he does not return.. is that really that bad? He is still a 27 year old PG that had one outstanding year.. will he repeat what he did in a non-contract year? Is he going to be good in say 3 years when JV hits his prime and the Raptors are really ready to contend? I don't think MU will overpay to keep him (and that's the speculation in one of the rumours I've seen). I do think Lowry and his agent will play fair, and MU will be able to give him a good contract. Big test for sure but until its done you can't really react to a perceived outcome this early.

The team does not have superstars on the roster.. but it can get one (even if they don't draft one). They have pieces. We have seen it happen in the past where a team's superstar wants to leave. Bosh did it. Carmelo did it. James did it. DWilliams did it, etc.. Toronto has the pieces to capitalize if a situation like that opens up. Just be flexible and have your ears opened to the ground. TL/MU want to build a winner, and I believe they will. The worse contracts on the books are Fields and Hayes and both are expiring next year. JV/Ross don't get their extension until 2016 (not after next year).. and by then they may not even be on the roster.

As for MU being unproven.. well so what? He's not Bryan Colangelo or Rob Babcock. That's really all that's important. He is a young guy with lots of energy and has a background in scouting. He's made some nice sweet deals already and there is an opportunity for him to build a good team especially when he has a guy like Lieweke leading the charge.

Comment

Working...
                                X