Colangelo Shares His Two Cents on the Gay Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jclaw wrote: View Post
    In fairness, he's received his share off pot shots since he's left but that's a pretty good shot of his own. Kind of glad he's not here increasing our talent level anymore
    You and me both.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
      If you thought Bosh left because he was selfish and disloyal, you thought right. Loyalty is loyalty "no matter what". If a person finds a reason to be disloyal, he's making an excuse for "selfish" reasons. In fairness to Bosh though, he honoured his contract without saying a word during its course.
      But BC failed to read the tea leaves.

Comment

Gay has 22 points (9-17 shooting). Now that really begs the question. Did he intentionally shoot poorly with the Raptors to get traded away from Toronto?

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
          Gay has 22 points (9-17 shooting). Now that really begs the question. Did he intentionally shoot poorly with the Raptors to get traded away from Toronto?
          If he ends the game on 50%, talk to me then
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
            Wouldn't be too surprised. He shot more than 50% last game against the Suns...

Comment

Watching the Rockets/Kings game. Ya, Rudy Gay is playing very well for them. 9/17 shooting for 24pts. Not trying to do too much unlike when he was here.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Gay channelling his inner LeBron tonight.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if he played poorly on purpose. I mean, new GM in Ujiri who didn't trade for Gay. He probably knew he was gonna get traded this season again, so I guess he didn't think there was much a point in trying since he's gonna get traded anyways. I would explain the very lax attitude towards each game as a Raptor. Now he's with the Kings who actually want him around and won't trade him, so he actually has an incentive to play well and with a purpose.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                    26 points (10-20 shooting; exactly 50% shooting) at the end of the game against the Rockets. Talk to me now :P

Comment

• He played the first 4-5 games as a superstar when he first came here. Just give it 20 games and he'll be shooting bricks day-n-night.
                      "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                      - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                        26 points (10-20 shooting; exactly 50% shooting) at the end of the game against the Rockets. Talk to me now :P
                        i really hope he falls off.

if he shows he was just loafing in toronto, then he really screwed us out of at least a cavs pick!
                        "Bruno?
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• double post
                          "Bruno?
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• "Coach put me in the right places..." Post game quote.

Comment

• KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
                              He played the first 4-5 games as a superstar when he first came here. Just give it 20 games and he'll be shooting bricks day-n-night.
                              Yea but you don't just suddenly shoot over 50% each game so far when you haven't shot over 50% in 18 games straight this season. Obviously it's just 2 games, but that's already more games over 50% he's had with the Kings than with the Raptors this season. Looking back at last year's season when BC was still our GM, he wasn't shooting it as horribly as he has shot it when Ujiri was our GM. I don't think it's really a coincidence that Gay played worse when Ujiri became our GM. He knew he was getting traded. He didn't really gave a shit, so he never gave 100% in games. He wanted to get traded once Ujiri was running this ship!

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                                But BC failed to read the tea leaves.
                                Totally agree. He did a very poor job with the situation. I remember that season. Raptors were comfortably sitting at 4th place at the all-star break and it seemed a certainty they would make the play-offs. Personally I too was in favour of keeping Bosh. A guy who was being paid 4mil. a season (BC) to make good decisions, should've known better.
                                Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X