Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should the Raptors target as their SF next season?: Raps eye AI/Gay (36)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    Matt you keep mentioning one thing about Iggy that keeps bugging me. You keep saying his production is declining but the answer is a very simple one. Look at the distribution of scoring on the team. 6 guys near/over 10ppg and 2 more at 8ppg. Doug Collins changed the offense and focused heavily on defense. SO PLEASE stop saying he is declining. The numbers lie in his case
    Right you are and will do. Thanks for highlighting that. I feel pretty stupid right now.

His fg% has stayed pretty consistent with his 3pt rising and his ft dropping.

When he averaged 19.9ppg in 2007-2008, he did it on 15.6fga per game. From then until now:

2008-2009 18.8ppg on 14.0fga
    2009-2010 17.1ppg on 13.7fga
    2010-2011 14.0ppg on 11.3fga
    2011-2012 12.4ppg on 10.2fga

His minutes since 08-09 have been in decline every year as well: from 39.9 to 35.6 last year.

Thanks, thead.

Comment

• I wouldn't say Iggy's skills are declining so much as they're plateauing
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• there are a number of ways to look at a player. A coaching change can have quite the impact as well. See our very own team for that. The system changed we won more games but our scoring decreased. To people looking at individual stats it LOOKS like any player not named Bargnani regressed. Secondly...with our team again this year we got a new PG who runs a totally different program than the Jose pass 1st 2nd 3rd oh shit I better hit this three with no seconds left offense. Drive and kick rewards pure shooters...so you may again see DeRozan's PPG decline and someone like Ross and Bargnani inflate. Stats are useful but dangerous in a vacuum
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Iggy always passes the eye test (if you can't tell by now he is one of my favourite players) A SF that can guard ANYONE chip in even 12ppg but the huge thing with Bargnani at the 4 is the 6 boards and with more shooters ball movement is critical...6assists... I feel like he is a piece that could make us a second round playoff team.
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
            there are a number of ways to look at a player. A coaching change can have quite the impact as well. See our very own team for that. The system changed we won more games but our scoring decreased. To people looking at individual stats it LOOKS like any player not named Bargnani regressed. Secondly...with our team again this year we got a new PG who runs a totally different program than the Jose pass 1st 2nd 3rd oh shit I better hit this three with no seconds left offense. Drive and kick rewards pure shooters...so you may again see DeRozan's PPG decline and someone like Ross and Bargnani inflate. Stats are useful but dangerous in a vacuum
            I tap! I submit! lol

A playmaker such as AI would be very good next to Lowry. Lowry is capable of creating and dishing but he also looks to score.

The Raptors perimeter defense would look pretty scary with Lowry and AI. That would be something the Raps have not had in a long, long time.... if ever.

Comment

• Amir (Brand is gone) Bayless S&T 5 million range (Williams is gone) James Johnson (Expiring) rights to Zubcic, 2013 second round pick should just about cover getting him here. With the drafting of Harkless and signing of Wright... It looks like Philly is trying to take one step back in order to take two more forward. We have the perfect collection of assets to get him. Fields as a 6th man would make my heart happy

Comment

• With Lou Williams gone and no backup PG (unless you want to count Xavier Silas), Bayless to Philly looks interesting.

Comment

• If our defense improved last year with what we had, I can only imagine how good we would be with Lowry and Iggy.

Damn, we would have a lot of run outs.
                  “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    With Lou Williams gone and no backup PG (unless you want to count Xavier Silas), Bayless to Philly looks interesting.
                    Scrap that..... Bayless to Memphis.

Comment

• Philly's moves are pretty interesting.. they must be shopping Iggy hard

Comment

• Yannis Koutroupis ‏@YannisHW

Karl said he wanted to get Hamilton more time last year, but they had to win every game late and he didn't feel comfortable with him yet.
                        Yannis Koutroupis Yannis Koutroupis ‏@YannisHW

Just spoke with Denver Nuggets head coach George Karl, he's really focusing on Jordan Hamilton here in Las Vegas.

Denver Wings:

Afflalo
                        Gallinari
                        Brewer
                        Hamilton
                        Quincy Miller
                        Wilson Chandler

I wonder if any are attainable?

Comment

• Jj and Calderon for chandler?

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            Jj and Calderon for chandler?
                            Denver already has Andre Miller as their backup PG to Lawson. Not sure if they would be interested in Jose. But we could swap PG's:

Jose+Amir for Miller+Chandler?

The bird-man is on his way out (they are thinking of amnestying him due to his off court issues). Amir could play center and is a serviceable big. Hate to see him go, but I'd swap him for Chandler.

Comment

• I said it in another thread but if Ed Davis has truly fixed his shot Amir Johnson is now expendable

Comment

• Denver has no use for Calderon:

Starter: Lawson
                                Backup: Miller (just signed for 3 years and $15M)

Comment

Working...
                                X