No announcement yet.

silly game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was really worried we were going to draft Vesely there. Actually, i think i was more relieved we didn't draft him than i was happy we drafted big Val.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      yeah i should have clarified, Irving was definitely atop my big board, however realized there was no way he'd drop to us.
      Fair enough. I think Irving & Williams were pretty much consensus #1 and #2, or at least the only players all but guaranteed NOT to be available to the Raptors at #5.

Comment

Every year there's a Jan Vesely. This year his name is Perry Jones the third.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          Every year there's a Jan Vesely. This year his name is Perry Jones the third.
          I think PJ3 can shoot better right now, but I see what you're saying.
          The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

I'll put a pint on the line that PJ3 has a better rookie season than Lamb. Any takers? I'm willing to take up to 3 bets as 3 pints is my limit before driving (gotta stay responsible you know)

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
              I'll put a pint on the line that PJ3 has a better rookie season than Lamb. Any takers? I'm willing to take up to 3 bets as 3 pints is my limit before driving (gotta stay responsible you know)
              That's a tough one. I'm big on PJ3, but Lamb's got a great deal going for him too.

But I'd be willing to bet 3 pints that PJ3 has a better season than Vesely

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                I challenge anyone that says they had JV on their big board to prove it.
                http://nbadraft.net/nba_mock_drafts/47935/2011

IDK if you can see it, but this was my 2011 mock draft last year, I had Valanciunas going to the Raptors, when I watched highlights during the month following the past month I feel in love with this guy, and it pretty much made me want him as a Raptor.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  That's a tough one. I'm big on PJ3, but Lamb's got a great deal going for him too.

But I'd be willing to bet 3 pints that PJ3 has a better season than Vesely
                  Yeah taking a bit of a risk since Lamb is a good talent himself, but it's just a fun bet to see how strongly the PJ3 haters feel. I say the NBA.com rookie ladder could be used to determine the winner.

Comment

er1csh3n wrote: View Post
                    http://nbadraft.net/nba_mock_drafts/47935/2011

IDK if you can see it, but this was my 2011 mock draft last year, I had Valanciunas going to the Raptors, when I watched highlights during the month following the past month I feel in love with this guy, and it pretty much made me want him as a Raptor.

my point is I think he slipped under A LOT of peoples radars...mine included. I was at the Raptors Republic Draft Party...I remember the almost unanimous shouting of WTF!? You, Matt and Ceez are for sure in the minority
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

my point is I think he slipped under A LOT of peoples radars...mine included. I was at the Raptors Republic Draft Party...I remember the almost unanimous shouting of WTF!? You, Matt and Ceez are for sure in the minority
                      Yeah I get you, but something about Valanciunas just made me "lust" for him, considering you rarely find a hustling, fast, fairly athletic center with certain intangibles you can't find, but if he wasn't available Brandon Knight seemed like the clear choice.

Comment

Keep in mind I was very high on Kanter.

I was non-stop about him for a couple of months, then I was about JV for a couple of weeks *max*, and then back to the love in with Kanter.

In the end though, I'm glad the way things worked out.

Comment

Wonder how Raptor nation will feel a year from now. Everyone has sort of assumed JV is going to be our Centre of the future , but he has yet to play a minute in the NBA. There is a lot about the teams future that will be revealed next season.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                            Wonder how Raptor nation will feel a year from now. Everyone has sort of assumed JV is going to be our Centre of the future , but he has yet to play a minute in the NBA. There is a lot about the teams future that will be revealed next season.
                            They will slate him off and call for his head after a non-Dwight Howard season. Bare in mind I truly believe he'll be big in his rookie season but nowhere near what most expects out of him. I'll make a guess and say he'll be along the lines of 10 ppg and 7 rpg.

But I have no doubt he will be our Centre of the future and a cornerstone to this franchise.

Comment

flamingtimbits wrote: View Post
                              They will slate him off and call for his head after a non-Dwight Howard season. Bare in mind I truly believe he'll be big in his rookie season but nowhere near what most expects out of him. I'll make a guess and say he'll be along the lines of 10 ppg and 7 rpg.

But I have no doubt he will be our Centre of the future and a cornerstone to this franchise.
                              There is no 'most' that expects him to go for 20/10 or something along those lines. Not on here in any case. There are only people saying that there are a lot of people who expect too much, but actually none of these people...

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                                There is no 'most' that expects him to go for 20/10 or something along those lines. Not on here in any case. There are only people saying that there are a lot of people who expect too much, but actually none of these people...
                                I guess I have a pretty clueless bunch of people as friends. The people I talk to believe he's gonna be our savior and post 20/10 in his rookie season. Well I wouldn't be against him doing that, just very unlikely.

Comment

Working...
                                X