No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think if we have a 10-14 pick we need to take homegrown phenom Tristan Thompson. He's putting up almost (15,8,2,2 for CS, vs. 12,8,1.5,2) as good numbers as Singleton, for an arguably better team, and isn't even the main guy. Shoots a higher percentage, and not to mention he's shown to be more capable of attacking off the dribble. Annnd is 2 years younger than Singleton.
    Don't get me wrong. Singleton has slowly grown on me since (was it you?) someone in this post mentioned him. But commmmmon... Toronto kid playing for the Raps? And a GOOD Toronto player at that. I dig that. No?
    (check out www.nbadraft.net Its CRAZY how different they are in mocks. hahaha)
    Last edited by Joey; Thu Jan 6, 2011, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      I think if we have a 10-14 pick we need to take homegrown phenom Tristan Thompson. He's putting up almost (15,8,2,2 for CS, vs. 12,8,1.5,2) as good numbers as Singleton, for an arguably better team, and isn't even the main guy. Shoots a higher percentage, and not to mention he's shown to be more capable of attacking off the dribble. Annnd is 2 years younger than Singleton.
      Don't get me wrong. Singleton has slowly grown on me since (was it you?) someone in this post mentioned him. But commmmmon... Toronto kid playing for the Raps? And a GOOD Toronto player at that. I dig that. No?
      (check out www.nbadraft.net Its CRAZY how different they are in mocks. hahaha)
      I was thinking the same thing last week. I do like draftexpress a lot better. For the hardcore fans I think they get into way more detail If you follow draftexpress on twitter, these dudes are in gyms in eastern europe breaking kids down. Dedication.
      Also, new mock draft has Barnes falling to number 8 (where we are right now)! Big risk.
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
        I was thinking the same thing last week. I do like draftexpress a lot better. For the hardcore fans I think they get into way more detail If you follow draftexpress on twitter, these dudes are in gyms in eastern europe breaking kids down. Dedication.
        Also, new mock draft has Barnes falling to number 8 (where we are right now)! Big risk.
        At the rate Barnes is falling, he might look into staying at Carolina for another season.

I wouldn't mind dropping down in the draft and trying to acquire multiple picks to select Thompson and Joseph. That would be a dream situation.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
          I wouldn't mind dropping down in the draft and trying to acquire multiple picks to select Thompson and Joseph. That would be a dream situation.
          I hear ya man. Or keeping our high pick, and doing whatever is necesary to acquire their rights.
          You hear about hometown kids like DRose in Chicago and I'd NEVER think there'd even be a chance for us to have that in Toronto, but we have can have with TWO solid, young prospects.
          Instant 'Best Story of the Year' if they pan out (which they are so far at Texas).

Comment

• Miami Heat draft pick

What should BC do with the Miami Heat first round draft pick? The way I see it, I dont know how great of a player we can get with the (27th 28th??) overall pick. I know BC wants as many prospects as he can get, so why not bundle that late draft pick with Peja and improve the draft pick? Even if we can get the 20th overall pick or so, it would be an improvement.

The other options would be to trade the pick for a player, or just keep the pick as is. But, like I said before I dont know if we would be lucky enough to get a really good player that late in the draft.

Comment

• In a thin draft, I would like to think that BC is also searching for "diamonds in the rough" players that are already in current NBA rosters. Yes, any GM may find gems at 27th or 28th but I believe that BC is not thinking of rebuilding longer than 3 years. Yes, he will try to trade up but who's to say he's not looking at players like Anthony Randolph for example?
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Players always drop.

This draft is not thin on wings.

If no salary is added before the trade deadline, the Raptors will be in a position much like the Thunder have been over the last few years - take on a contract for a draft pick or a significantly higher draft pick.

I can argue so many scenarios for the Raptors. There are so many options due to the flexibility. The east is so weak they could easily make a trade or two and make the playoffs. However, is this best in the long term? PRobably not. I can't wait for the trade deadline to pass so I can stop playing with the trade machine for a couple of months.

Comment

• id like to see them make a small move. bring in some better depth at sg or center. but that's about it. i'd prefer to see how the draft shakes out before making any substantial moves.

unless of course we go out and somehow get a premier (but young) type player.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• one guy id love to see on the team is morrow. fantastic shooter. good size for a sg. could easily start or come off the bench and be effective.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• reggie for morrow straight up? get a great young player and nets get a little more flexability in the offseason. eh?
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• i may have derailed the thread a little
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                          reggie for morrow straight up? get a great young player and nets get a little more flexability in the offseason. eh?
                          Why does Jersey do that deal? Morrow has a very reasonable contract. The Nets would be dumb to give him up for Evans

Comment

• Easy. You either trade out of the first round for a future 1st or you select a European player and stash him there.

Comment

• At this point I still think that the Raptors need to improve at the wings at PG.

SF is definitely an area on both offense and defense that they need to look outside their current roster to improve

SG it depends on whether DeRozan can improve his jump shot especially adding a three point shot as well as improving his defense. I am not too optimistic about him improving his defense that much but it is still possible.

PG - Jose is good shooter and distributor but his defense still remains too weak for my liking. One of the big problems he has is that he is relatively short and does not have the long arms or jumping ability to make up for it.

Relating to the draft I think that the Raptors need to look for SF and PG and hopefully come up with a dominate player at at least one of those positions.

The problem with a late first round pick vs say an early second round pick is that the difference in potential is not that great but a first round pick has a guaranteed contract. So trading down to an early second round pick say between 31 and 35 overall would probably be preferable to a late first round pick; i.e. Miami's

What the Raptors need is

1. More depth
                              2. An impact player at both the SF and PG positions.

More depth they could find by drafting properly anywhere between 15 and 35. Finding an impact player in the draft will most likely require a high lottery pick.

Davis has the potential to be a solid NBA player but I just don't see him as an major impact player.
                              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• im not sure i'd say height is an issue with jose
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X