Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the darkest era?

All hope seems lost.

We have 50 about million committed to Gay, Fields, DDR, and AB (yikes!) and an 8th seed seems pretty improbably next season.

The only sole reason to watch this team is 20 year old rookie (who might be a little overrated by fans here)

So, for fans that have followed this team for a long time, is this the darkest era of the Raptors franchise? Has it ever been this bad?
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

its great. less passing, more iso

Comment

Dark ages... Should end and then the...

... Begin... Someday...
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Its always darker when someone flips the lights off, than if you've been sitting in the dark for years. Atleast you've adjusted to it.

I think the darkest day for me was when I accepted Vince Carter had quit trying, and through the remainder of his time with Toronto.

I'd put the last few season as more frustrating than dark. Knowing that the GM is refusing to rebuild, is aiming only for the here and now with a team thats mediocre at best is disappointing.

Comment

The stretch of the franchise where Vince started losing his spirit, Babcock was hired, Alvin Williams got hurt, Hoffa was drafted and Vince was subsequently traded to the Nets for basically nothing was a lot darker than this. We went from an exciting and successful team that seemed poised to be a contender in the East for years to come, to a team that had the bottom completely fall out of it in a matter of months. The fall from grace was a lot more devastating than the trudge through mediocrity that we've seen the last 5 years - although this isn't much fun either.

Comment

If Raptors stay this way, I hope JV will choose another team after his rookie contract

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
              So, for fans that have followed this team for a long time, is this the darkest era of the Raptors franchise? Has it ever been this bad?
              Sedriously? Lol Not even close.

We have a VERY solid core going forward, with a nice mix of experience on the roster; and while we have quite a bit of money committed, we have an owner that is now committed to spending quite a bit more money.
              A few more good vets, a good coach and a good training camp, I think the playoffs are very much a possibility.

And no day will ever be as dark as the day I found out we traded Vince Carter for Eric and Aaron Williams ...

Comment

omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                If Raptors stay this way, I hope JV will choose another team after his rookie contract
                This kind of talk will get you banned.

(obviously kidding .. but am I?)

Comment

It's always darkest just before dawn.

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                    All hope seems lost.
                    I was wondering when I would see that in writing. The negativity on this board is downright discouraging.

Comment

Post Vince Trade was definitely the Darkest Days. Eric Williams and Aaron Williams - 2 solid defenders, but terrible offensive players were the reward for dealing our Star player. If the Raps wanted to move on from this current roster, most of our players would bring back a better return than what we got for Vince.

This is also one of the most talented rosters we've had in year. Gay and Lowry aren't perfect, but they are big time talents. Demar is still improving. Ross and JV has shown flashes (more so JV) and Amir is playing the best ball of his career (and even likes it here).

Not even close.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Luckily the Raptors will be able to match any offer!

He is a Raptor for another 7 seasons, minimum.

Maybe by then Colangelo will finally right the ship!

Comment

You should really just join a JV fan club forum or something. This forum is for RAPTORS FANS

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            You should really just join a JV fan club forum or something. This forum is for RAPTORS FANS
                            No need to get offended mate. I'm trying my best to cheer for this team and my words weren't about players or fanbase being bad (I think Raptors have one of the best fanbases in the NBA). But you have to understand that it's a really difficult thing to do when you're not from Canada. I really hate this team's management and coaching. While management is below mediocre, I think that coaching is just pathetic. There is no way in hell Casey could coach an above .500 Euroleague team. Things like that make really hard for a foreigner to like this team. Still, JV/Amir makes this team watchable, even though the other main guys must be among the most selfish and chucking players in this league.

Conclusion: management and coaching HAVE to change in order for this team to become something worth cheering for.

Comment

Dark era, or not, but bad times don't last forever. And we have kinda great players on the paper. Sure we do need some adjustments. I'm positive about next seasons. Bad times don't last forever. If you are true raps fan, you should feel same way. Positive energy is important

Comment

Working...
                              X