Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gay, Acy & Gray to SAC for Vasquez, Patterson, Hayes & Salmons (Augustin waived)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Well the last thing we would want is a Point Guard controversy ...
    Not another soap opera! Ugh.

I don't think Vasquez is NBA starting material despite his stats last year. I do think, however, he is a more than capable back up. If he embraces that role like Jarrett Jack finally did last year in GS, then the Raptors just might have added a long term piece assuming the contract was reasonable (i.e. half Jack money).

Comment

• delman21 wrote: View Post
      Well gentlemen we have finally got the cancer out of town and if last night showed anyone we keep dd and jv. DD had 5 assists and 5 rebs for everyone who says he doesn't pass. I think what really happened is a sense of relief, everyone played a hell of a lot better including lowery. We were very short handed but rose to the challenge for the first time since the Houston loss, Amazing. Everyone is saying this is just the beginning. I think MU will try to make this team a playoff team and hopefully acquire some picks in the process. I cant see him letting dd and jv go for nothing as now is their time to step up. I love this trade for the fact it bring is 2 quality vets for the locker room. Hayes makes jv better instantly for the beatings he will now take in practice, and salmons played for Chicago has playoff exp so it good and they can possibly be moved. But we get a pick and roll guy in Gevis, and PP help with the boards great trade, helps us in more than one way. 1. vets which we need badly2. salary cap3. gets the young guys burn.
      lol 2 quality vets? hayes instantly making JV better? um lets get real here. the trade was to get rid of rudy gay and add flexibility next season and the following season after. its not much more than that.

Comment

• Worse, his presence on the floor was an obstacle to further increasing the role of key building blocks like Jonas Valancuinas or DeMar DeRozan while sucking up minutes and shots that could be given to Terrence Ross to determine how he might fit for the future; or at the very least improving his trade value.
        http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...ptors-rebuild/

Fans of DD's game might have their wish!

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...ptors-rebuild/

Fans of DD's game might have their wish!
          That's interesting. I wonder where they heard that from, or if that's just a guess on their part.

This part is also interesting:
          Sportsnet wrote:
          The Raptors, who according to sources close to ownership had internally committed to tearing down their roster and rebuilding, were essentially stuck in basketball limbo: Gay and his contract were a logjam preventing them to move forward into the future.
          Last edited by Joey; Mon Dec 9, 2013, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Not another soap opera! Ugh.

I don't think Vasquez is NBA starting material despite his stats last year. I do think, however, he is a more than capable back up. If he embraces that role like Jarrett Jack finally did last year in GS, then the Raptors just might have added a long term piece assuming the contract was reasonable (i.e. half Jack money).
            I think the best part of this deal is the benefit that Ross will now get.

Assuming Fields starts (as he did last night), Ross gets to play with a PG who can and will pass the ball. The 2nd unit's development just got a lot better. Plus the extra minutes Ross should get as well.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              Love NBA.com's take on these plays in the Game Summary:

That free throw situation was HILARIOUS.
              i dunno. i could see why they made the mistake between the two

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                i dunno. i could see why they made the mistake between the two

Nightmares. Forever.

Comment

• I think raps fans can all unite in saying "thank god for Masai"

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    i dunno. I could see why they made the mistake between the two

lmfao!

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      Fun little tidbit about Vasquez: he played with Kevin Durant in high school.
                      Fun little tidbit about Durant: he currently plays with Russell Westbrook in the NBA.

Comment

• I was not sure that it was even possible to trade Gay, so yes I am very happy with the trade. And with this trade completed, we are in full rebuilding mode. Not trilled with the players we received though.

Comment

• I would like to put it out there that getting John salmons, Ross and him play the same way so Ross could be on the move with lowry

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                            I would like to put it out there that getting John salmons, Ross and him play the same way so Ross could be on the move with lowry
                            I highly doubt that Ujiri will be making any moves based on how Salmons fits with this roster.

Comment

• Karl Marx. wrote: View Post
                              I was not sure that it was even possible to trade Gay, so yes I am very happy with the trade. And with this trade completed, we are in full rebuilding mode. Not trilled with the players we received though.
                              Well beggers can't be choosers...

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Masai Ujiri is brilliant. Unloads Gay's contract and only has to give up Gray and Acy. Brilliant!! AND he didn't have to take Jimmer, that some seem to think is an asset. Vasquez is a MUCH BETTER haul than him.

Comment

Working...
                                X