This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    For footballers, Yahoo offers a free fantasy football iphone app that does the same sorts of things.
    They have the basketball App as well ... but only for sale in the States ...

Comment

Keeper, Franchise, Empty-Handed

This from last year:
      • Each returning team can use a keeper tag on as many players as they want as long as they fit within the cap.
      • Each player can be tagged as a keeper twice (ie: you draft the player, you play the season and then you use your keeper tag on the player so that he returns to your team the following season. You can do this two times and as such this will result in you being able to hold a player on your roster for up to three seasons. The keeper tag merely allows you to bypass the draft on a particular player twice.
      • Each team can franchise keeper tag one player. The franchise keeper tag allows you to keep a player for an unlimited amount of time. The catch here is to use the franchise tag again in the future on a different player you must either trade your current franchise player, drop the player or relinquish your rights to the player during the off-season.
      • You can choose to not use a keeper tag or a franchise keeper tag. A player who has been keeper tagged can be franchise tagged later provided you don't have a franchise keeper on roster.
      • $200(fantasy dollars) draft salary cap
      • $30 deduction in draft salary cap for each keeper tagged player
      • $50 deduction in draft salary cap for franchise keeper tagged player
      • Inverted standings used for auction nominations. (ie: last placed team makes first nomination, first place team makes third last nomination, with the two new teams making the last two player nominations. When I say "nomination" I mean the selection of the next player to be bid on in the live auction draft.)
      Source: RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League - S2

This year's keepers: http://basketball.fantasysports.yaho...4/draftresults

A keeper tag can only be used twice. A franchise tag can be used forever but a player who is franchised can't be un-franchised without being cut or traded from the team. Therefore teams on notice:
      • Me, I need to decide on if I want to retain D12 and/or Aldridge beyond this season with a $50 franchise tag.
      • Mack, you need to think about what you're gonna do with Wade, D-Will and Griffin.

We have a whole season to figure it out but still I want it to be clear.

The rest of the returning members have not selected keepers or franchise players so they'll enter the draft with no advantage as is.

Comment

Thanks for posting that Apollo! Was looking for a page that listed them like that, but didn't know where to look.

Comment

No problem.

I just wanted to toss it out there that D12 and Aldridge are available. I won't be franchising both at the end of this season. $100 on those two guys going forward is too rich for my blood.

Comment

not sure if i misssed something , but i listed two keepers on my team lawson and gordon

Comment

jbml wrote: View Post
              not sure if i misssed something , but i listed two keepers on my team lawson and gordon
              Are those going to be your only ones? Or are you still pondering it?

Comment

pondering,
                sounded like i missed a deadline

Comment

jbml wrote: View Post
                  pondering,
                  sounded like i missed a deadline
                  Naw man you're good; No deadlines were missed.

This Sunday is the Deadline to get me your keepers.
                  You can either select through Yahoo! - Select Keepers, OR let me know before the 7th, and I can input those for you.

Comment

This from last year:

This year's keepers: http://basketball.fantasysports.yaho...4/draftresults
                    I set my keepers but they aren't showing on that list.

Comment

• drizz wrote: View Post
                      Ok awesome! And ya, they won't show on that page until I approve them on Sunday.

Comment

• drizz wrote: View Post
                        Its the first year we used this feature. Could you post them here as well?

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          Ok awesome! And ya, they won't show on that page until I approve them on Sunday.
                          Ah, mystery solved.

Comment

• I just wanted to post my keepers here even though i am posting them on the yahoo site. Just want to make sure it goes through.

I am keeping James Harden, Rudy Gay, and Greg Monroe.

Comment

• Kyrie Irving, Paul Millsap and Serge Ibaka.

Comment

• Never got Keepers from Raptors4Ever and RaptorsFan4Life. Cant submit them yourselves. Will accept them until end of day.

Comment

Working...
                                X