No announcement yet.

State of the Nation Address - The Long Division Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's no point in using the Amnesty on Bargnani in 2014. If you're going to use it, you use it now. Using the amnesty clause on the one year where Bargnani's contract actually has some value (as an expiring) is just wrong.

Nilanka -- I'll take you up on that guarantee. I think there's at least a 1% chance that Bargnani is still on this roster come training camp. No Danone crap or fruit on the bottom okay, I want the good stuff: Greek-style yogurt. Thick enough that you can stand on it.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

The plus side of changing management is that there's no memory of dealings that went on to acquire the player. There's no more hidden promises, fond memories, or conversations. There's just a payroll, contracts, assets associated to each contract, and some kind of player folder containing statistics, accomplishments, personality tests, etc. This is what you want in a general manager.
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        The guarantee comes with a free frogurt.
        I like Yogurt!

And depending on the odds your offering I'd take that bet. Since your so confident in your assertion, you wouldn't mind giving me odds? I'll give you 1 yogurt if bargs is traded/amnestied/waived/dies before training camp but if he's still a raptor, you give me two yogurts!

Deal?
        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I appreciate the write up, as it obviously was something you put a lot of effort into, and as an opinion piece there's nothing wrong with it. That said, there really wasn't a lot of substance to the article beyond opinion. I don't dislike bargs, and I'm fine with him being a back up PF, until he gets traded but I don't want him to be a starter, as I don't think he is as effective as a player as Amir Johnson.

PREDICTION:Nilanka & P00ka, are, were, or will be secret lovers, it didn't/won't last very long, but it was/is/will be unforgettable. Of course, as secret lovers, we'll never know the details...
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
            I like Yogurt!

And depending on the odds your offering I'd take that bet. Since your so confident in your assertion, you wouldn't mind giving me odds? I'll give you 1 yogurt if bargs is traded/amnestied/waived/dies before training camp but if he's still a raptor, you give me two yogurts!

Deal?
            Replace 'yogurt' with 'frogurt', and you've got yourself a deal

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
              PREDICTION:Nilanka & P00ka, are, were, or will be secret lovers, it didn't/won't last very long, but it was/is/will be unforgettable. Of course, as secret lovers, we'll never know the details...
              lmfao, thanks for the big chuckle.

For the record, Nilanka and I had some intense battles over on the front page months ago (Summer, I think), sometimes wandering off into ridiculous territory. At one point, I tried to mend wounds and see if we could achieve some level of acceptance of each other through my admission of fault. He turned that around and had been using those frank/honest admissions against me in sneak attacks, thus my calling him a sniveling weasel. I'm guessing he got as tired of it as I was, and we were pretty much leaving each other alone. Then he came calling with another couple of sneak attack cheap shots a couple of weeks ago, so you have that to thank for whatever entertainment value you get out of the current situation. He doesn't want to back off, and I'm not going to run away from a sniveling weasel, but take some runs at him, with prejudice.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post

For the record, Nilanka and I had some intense battles over on the front page months ago (Summer, I think), sometimes wandering off into ridiculous territory. At one point, I tried to mend wounds and see if we could achieve some level of acceptance of each other through my admission of fault. He turned that around and had been using those frank/honest admissions against me in sneak attacks, thus my calling him a sniveling weasel. I'm guessing he got as tired of it as I was, and we were pretty much leaving each other alone. Then he came calling with another couple of sneak attack cheap shots a couple of weeks ago, so you have that to thank for whatever entertainment value you get out of the current situation. He doesn't want to back off, and I'm not going to run away from a sniveling weasel, but take some runs at him, with prejudice.
                What an interesting take on history. A fictional one, but nonetheless interesting.

The truth of the matter is that 100% of your posts over on the main page are of the confrontational/demeaning/condescending variety....with a few profanity-laced, childish name-calling efforts thrown in for good measure. And I'm not even restricting this to your replies to me, but your replies to everyone.

I, among a few others, have taken offense to your "I'm smarter than everyone" tone, and have no problem calling you out on it. As long as this tone continues, expect the responses to continue.

Comment

nilanka wrote: View Post
                  replace 'yogurt' with 'frogurt', and you've got yourself a deal
                  deal!

For the record, nilanka and i had some intense battles over on the front page months ago (summer, i think), sometimes wandering off into ridiculous territory. At one point, i tried to mend wounds and see if we could achieve some level of acceptance of each other through my admission of fault. He turned that around and had been using those frank/honest admissions against me in sneak attacks, thus my calling him a sniveling weasel. I'm guessing he got as tired of it as i was, and we were pretty much leaving each other alone. Then he came calling with another couple of sneak attack cheap shots a couple of weeks ago, so you have that to thank for whatever entertainment value you get out of the current situation. He doesn't want to back off, and i'm not going to run away from a sniveling weasel, but take some runs at him, with prejudice.
                  nilanka wrote: View Post
                  what an interesting take on history. A fictional one, but nonetheless interesting.

The truth of the matter is that 100% of your posts over on the main page are of the confrontational/demeaning/condescending variety....with a few profanity-laced, childish name-calling efforts thrown in for good measure. And i'm not even restricting this to your replies to me, but your replies to everyone.

I, among a few others, have taken offense to your "i'm smarter than everyone" tone, and have no problem calling you out on it. As long as this tone continues, expect the responses to continue.
                  jesus!

Comment

What an interesting take on history. A fictional one, but nonetheless interesting.

The truth of the matter is that 100% of your posts over on the main page are of the confrontational/demeaning/condescending variety....with a few profanity-laced, childish name-calling efforts thrown in for good measure. And I'm not even restricting this to your replies to me, but your replies to everyone.

I, among a few others, have taken offense to your "I'm smarter than everyone" tone, and have no problem calling you out on it. As long as this tone continues, expect the responses to continue.
                    Funny how some only remember what they want to. I believe you "willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation", but that's okay. It just adds to the fire. I now welcome doing battle and taking whatever pot shots back at you that you're pettiness and stupidity allows.

Comment

This back-and-forth has been quietly tolerated for the last few days or so, but it's getting to the point that it's bringing down the quality of conversation in the targeted threads. Enough.

You've both seemed like passionate, intelligent, informed posters in the past, but this childish spat is making you both look bad... and RR bad in the process.

If you can't carry on the thread's conversation and/or reply to each other without resorting to personal jabs, snarky retorts or blatant insults, then either don't reply to each other or simply ignore each other.

I don't care who started it or who said what to whom at recess, I just want it to be over without having to slap a 24-hour ban on either of you.

Cheers,
                      CRF

PS: If I read any more messages like this or if anybody else decides to chime in their 2 cents, a 24-hour ban will be used to cool you off.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        This back-and-forth has been quietly tolerated for the last few days or so, but it's getting to the point that it's bringing down the quality of conversation in the targeted threads. Enough.

You've both seemed like passionate, intelligent, informed posters in the past, but this childish spat is making you both look bad... and RR bad in the process.

If you can't carry on the thread's conversation and/or reply to each other without resorting to personal jabs, snarky retorts or blatant insults, then either don't reply to each other or simply ignore each other.

I don't care who started it or who said what to whom at recess, I just want it to be over without having to slap a 24-hour ban on either of you.

Cheers,
                        CRF

PS: If I read any more messages like this or if anybody else decides to chime in their 2 cents, a 24-hour ban will be used to cool you off.
                        Works for me, though I'll add that just as it takes two to tango, it takes two to let it go.
                        Cheers, Go Raps!!

Comment

I'm going to personally guarantee a 0.00% chance Bargnani is on this roster come training camp....
                          Vegas will gladly take your money.

Why?

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2013/...ne-for-season/

Comment

RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
                            Telfair could be our man. That's why I think he should be backing up Kyle - now. Give JL time in blow-outs, or as a scorer. Telfair needs to show what he has. If it works, then we can move on to the next issue. But if not, we need to find one somewhere. The Bench needs their own Leader - with development being one of the priorities for next season. Ross needs that. So will Acy if he hangs around.
                            Yes - exactly. Telfair,Valanciunas,Ross,Acy and even Fields need more minutes now.

Comment

RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
                              Vegas will gladly take your money.

Why?

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2013/...ne-for-season/

Like I said on the main page, I don't think shutting down Bargnani for the season lowers his already abysmal trade value. When you've reached maximum levels of ineptness, it doesn't matter what happens next.

Comment

Like I said on the main page, I don't think shutting down Bargnani for the season lowers his already abysmal trade value. When you've reached maximum levels of ineptness, it doesn't matter what happens next.
                                I never understood the "it can lower his trade value argument" this season. All the offers the Raps were getting were for other teams' garbage...you can't get worse offers than that. Was there a chance he raises his trade value? Maybe marginally...as in, end up getting a 1st or 2nd round pick or something thrown in with whatever other garbage (or even the right to swap picks). But really, it was always going to be an addition by subtraction trade.

*EVen the Boozer rumors should not be affected by this. Part of the reason Chicago can't find trade partners, aside from his money, is his age and injury history. They will probably have just as hard a time shopping him in the summer and I see no reason why they won't revisit discussions with Toronto.
                                Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Mar 14, 2013, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X