No announcement yet.

So why did we trade for Telfair again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So why did we trade for Telfair again?

Like honestly. If we're going out for a pg that would rot on the bench they could have just cut someone and signed some scrub. Why trade a asset like a second rounder (this is going to be a argument I can feel it) for a guy who's never going to play?

Everything about how this team is being run just infuriates me now.
    @sweatpantsjer

Telfair needs to get some burn. Dudes got good court vision

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      Like honestly. If we're going out for a pg that would rot on the bench they could have just cut someone and signed some scrub. Why trade a asset like a second rounder (this is going to be a argument I can feel it) for a guy who's never going to play?

Everything about how this team is being run just infuriates me now.
      The team had 15 roster spots used up.. Haddadi could not play in Toronto due to passport issues. The team needed a PG in case Lowry or JL3 got injured. My theory is that Bryan was looking to trade Haddadi for a PG.. Phoenix answered their phone and said meh, we'll give you Telfair for a 2nd rounder if we have to take Haddadi.

For Bryan this is a win-win.. they get their PG for depth; they don't need to waive anyone and as a bonus he doesn't need to spend time scouting for a 2nd rounder and instead can spend the summer relaxing on a golf course instead.

Comment

feel super bad for telfair as he had insane expectations. then again he at least made it to the nba and thats nothing to scoff at. i read he was supporting almost 20 family members with his $.

Comment

If we were serious about the playoff run (and we were at the deadline) than we'd need a PG as we were a Lowry or JLIII injury away from having a serious problem on our hands. Right now it's tough to give Sebastian any burn when Lucas is shooting the way he's shooting right now
          read my intelligent tweets

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            Telfair needs to get some burn. Dudes got good court vision
            Whatever man, like it matters. Lucas is doing OK these days, got us back against the Bucks and is the only guy on the team you feel confident in when shooting a three. The trade was pointless and any playing time he'll get will be too.

Comment

We now have 3 PGs average person height. Nothing wrong with one, or even two but who is going to guard bigger point guards? Lowry can get physical, but those other two are not insurance. The Raptors lost a 2nd round pick because MLSE custom lawyers lack creativity? Then we should have cut Haddidi, and picked up a backup who filled a need. Nothing wrong with Lowry, Lucas or Telfair but picking up a similar sized PG when a taller combo PG would have been better and losing a 2nd round pick confused me to no end.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                Whatever man, like it matters. Lucas is doing OK these days, got us back against the Bucks and is the only guy on the team you feel confident in when shooting a three. The trade was pointless and any playing time he'll get will be too.
                When his shot isn't falling he is absolutely atrocious. Or have you forgotten the countless leads being blow because of this guys play as the backup PG? He's doing ok right now because of his hot shooting but when he comes back down to earth he is pretty much useless

Comment

Man I think you are all really hyped about Lucas and his 3pt shot in recent games... but like its a consistent phenomenon that the team loses its momentum the moment he steps on the court. He cant run the offense, he can only shoot the offense into existence. When his 3 ball isnt dropping (who remembers his percentage starting the season?) he is probably the most effective at losing the game for this team (At least Anderson rebounds and plays D when he bricks). Telfair will get his chance the moment Lucas loses his shooting touch ( I suspect we will see a few minutes for telfair very soon, and they will grow) and then we can decide who is better than who.
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    Man I think you are all really hyped about Lucas and his 3pt shot in recent games... but like its a consistent phenomenon that the team loses its momentum the moment he steps on the court. He cant run the offense, he can only shoot the offense into existence. When his 3 ball isnt dropping (who remembers his percentage starting the season?) he is probably the most effective at losing the game for this team (At least Anderson rebounds and plays D when he bricks). Telfair will get his chance the moment Lucas loses his shooting touch ( I suspect we will see a few minutes for telfair very soon, and they will grow) and then we can decide who is better than who.
                    Unfortunately I don't think it's gonna work like that...Lucas has had the backup designation since the Calderon trade.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                      Unfortunately I don't think it's gonna work like that...Lucas has had the backup designation since the Calderon trade.
                      Due to the fact that no one else could have possibly played it.... Now that Telfair is here, he will have a chance to knock Lucas off his perch, because frankly, Lucas is a terrible option at the backup spot and should only ever be 3rd guard insurance.
                      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post

Everything about how this team is being run just infuriates me now
                        Welcome to the club bro.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          When his shot isn't falling he is absolutely atrocious. Or have you forgotten the countless leads being blow because of this guys play as the backup PG? He's doing ok right now because of his hot shooting but when he comes back down to earth he is pretty much useless
                          enlightenment wrote: View Post
                          Agreed with both. Lucas steps on the court, and like you said, momentum is lost, and team runs very slow, and or very stagnant. Also, once Lowry comes out of the game, the defense at the point of attack becomes very vulnerable. Lucas is about 5'11, and doesn't have the build to withstand stronger guards.

There's no problem in being a shoot-first guard, it's just the balance, and in my opinion, he's not a score-first point guard, he's a shooting guard in a point guard's body. Not to mention for his position, he's an awful, awful passer.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Lucas has been playing well ever since the Calderon trade. It's amazing what a defined role combined with consistent minutes can do to a player's confidence.

Casey, take note regarding your prized lotto pick.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Lucas has been playing well ever since the Calderon trade. It's amazing what a defined role combined with consistent minutes can do to a player's confidence.

Casey, take note regarding your prized lotto pick.
                              +1 I've been pretty high on him as well.

I don't understand why people on here are "waiting for his shot to stop falling". It seems even when he's helping the team STATISTICALLY people are down on him.
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                              X