Raptors Considering Haywood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Considering Haywood?

Another player that I'd love the Raptors to get their hands on. Problem is, how much would it cost us?

According to Mark Miller from Yahoo Sports!:

Spears also reports that Mavs coach Rick Carlisle is meeting with free-agent center Brendan Haywood(notes) in Charlotte, N.C., in the hopes of re-signing him. The Miami Heat, Cleveland Cavaliers, Toronto Raptors, New York Knicks and Detroit Pistons also are interested in Haywood's services, Spears notes.
    Source - Click here

HELL YES. Not sure how they can pull it off unless it's via a S&T trade. If Amir got $35M over five years then you could probably add on an extra $15-20M for Haywood. Maybe Bosh targeted the Mavs as one of his possible destinations?

Comment

haywood=perfect front cout mate for bargs
      ya dun noe

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        HELL YES. Not sure how they can pull it off unless it's via a S&T trade. If Amir got $35M over five years then you could probably add on an extra $15-20M for Haywood. Maybe Bosh targeted the Mavs as one of his possible destinations?
        You are right, this is funny season for outrageous contracts. Please just do a deal with existing contracts until the eclipse passes. Too much spare cap cash chasing too few bodies with actual talent this off season because of the big 3-5.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
          Another player that I'd love the Raptors to get their hands on. Problem is, how much would it cost us?

According to Mark Miller from Yahoo Sports!:

Source - Click here
          I don`t care how much it costs to get haywood, bring him here colangelo!, he is a true center.

Comment

I cant even explain how stoked I would be to see our Bigs completed with the addition of Haywood. A perfect mixture of athleticism and Defense to me and the rebuild would move along more quickly, lets hope those other teams low ball his agent then BC comes along and offers him something good haha.

Comment

He would be a good pickup and the Raptors might be able to get him for the full MLE. He made $6 million last season.

Full MLE I believe is somewhere around $5.6 million. He will be 31 in Nov so I think 3 years guaranteed with a 4th and maybe 5th year team option.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I don't think there's a chance in the world of getting him at that price. People are spending big money, there is lots of money to go around still and he's the best true center on the market.

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
                  haywood=perfect front cout mate for bargs
                  Haywood would be a perfect replacement for Bargnani. The Raptors already have two young PFs on the roster already who are going to need some time.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
                    I don`t care how much it costs to get haywood, bring him here colangelo!, he is a true center.
                    Aren't you the same guy who complained that Colangelo overpaid for Amir? It's okay to overpay centers, now?
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

yup we're not signing haywood no room with bargnani already at center

Comment

FromTOtoVAN wrote: View Post
                        yup we're not signing haywood no room with bargnani already at center
                        Yeah, that's not exactly going to stop us if we can work out the financial aspect.

Comment

He would be a perfect fit for the Raptors
                          Is it just me or are we becoming really deep in the front court and really thin on the wings?

Comment

INFO wrote: View Post
                            He would be a perfect fit for the Raptors
                            Is it just me or are we becoming really deep in the front court and really thin on the wings?
                            Haven't we always been really thin on the wings? =)

From Parker/Delfino/Moon/Graham/Kapono to Turkoglu/DeRozan/Weems/Wright/Belinelli to _____ .

So far, we still have 4 of those 5 players.

Comment

I don't think Raptors can effort him based on the scale that they pay their players.
                              In a team that Amir Johnson makes 7 million a years, Haywood, probably should make 13-14 million a year

Comment

Working...
                              X