Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Tanking ;) Raptor still have a long shot at 3rd worst record...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone help me with a link or source here, I'll probably have an edit. But Dwayne Casey says something about tanking.

EDIT* http://raptorswatch.com/2012/04/02/c...wizards-99-92/
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Tank???

Wtf are we doing? Why aren't we tanking, do Colangelo really want this team to finish close to the playoff and not make it so we draft either 8th, 9th or 10th. By that time, A.Davis, H.Barnes, A.Drummond, heck even MKG are gone and we are left with either Beal or maybe J.Lamb. What is the team thinking, what are the playrs thinking. Even if we make to the playoff, we will be eliminated by the Heat or the Magic.

Comment

a culture of losing is a lot harder to change than the benefit of the 5th pick vs the 9th pick
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

ask Washington, Charlotte and Sacremento how that is working out
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Beal is going top 4, 5 at the latest.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

First, I think there is already a tanking thread that this could be posted to.

Second, I highly doubt Beal is available with the 8-10 pick.

Third, I think the Raptors performance shows that tanking is something that fans and possibly even BC are hoping for, but the team itself (coaches and players) is not tanking in the least. I like seeing them go out and give maximum effort in a lost season, even after being eliminated from the playoffs and knowing that many of them won't be back with the Raps next season.

Fourth, I agree with you... pleeeeeesae lose more games to finish 4th worst at least! lol Or just win less than Cleveland, New Jersey, Sacramento, Detroit and Golden State!

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                Wtf are we doing?
                I've been asking that question since the Vince Carter trade.

a culture of losing is a lot harder to change than the benefit of the 5th pick vs the 9th pick
                Can we please stop with this "winning culture" nonsense. The Celtics went from ~20 wins to 60+ wins the next year cause they added two HOFers. You end up with a winning culture after you get winning players. An organization's culture is a product of the people in that organization and we have far too many losers in Raptorland. Until that changes, you can pound the rock all you want but it won't win you 50 games.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                  Wtf are we doing? Why aren't we tanking, do Colangelo really want this team to finish close to the playoff and not make it so we draft either 8th, 9th or 10th. By that time, A.Davis, H.Barnes, A.Drummond, heck even MKG are gone and we are left with either Beal or maybe J.Lamb. What is the team thinking, what are the playrs thinking. Even if we make to the playoff, we will be eliminated by the Heat or the Magic.
                  Aren't they like 4th last in the standings right now?

Comment

There's a lot of wacky stuff in that post and that's what you picked up on? Haha
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I'd stop if the Kings, Bobcats and Wizards would prove otherwise. The Pistons and The Raptors have had the biggest turnaround with little to no talent infusion based solely on a new coach and culture.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                        I'd stop if the Kings, Bobcats and Wizards would prove otherwise. The Pistons and The Raptors have had the biggest turnaround with little to no talent infusion based solely on a new coach and culture.
                        The pistons have Monroe and some good pieces. This makes our record even more impressive. I wish Jonas turns out to be like him. someone solid to build your team around.

Comment

• I really do like where The Pistons are going. They have some really solid pieces for the future. Charlie V has got to go and Ben Gordon has to find whatever it is he left in Chicago.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                            I'd stop if the Kings, Bobcats and Wizards would prove otherwise. The Pistons and The Raptors have had the biggest turnaround with little to no talent infusion based solely on a new coach and culture.
                            Um, the Raps won 27% of their games last year. This year they are winning 35%. This Piston were 37% last year and are 38% this year. I don't understand the point.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                              Can we please stop with this "winning culture" nonsense. The Celtics went from ~20 wins to 60+ wins the next year cause they added two HOFers. You end up with a winning culture after you get winning players. An organization's culture is a product of the people in that organization and we have far too many losers in Raptorland. Until that changes, you can pound the rock all you want but it won't win you 50 games.
                              Thank you!

This winning culture/losing culture stuff is entirely dictated by quality of the players, not by a magical, invisible aura that plagues rosters from one season to the next. Even the Raptors were able to go from 27 wins to 47 wins over one summer.

Improve the roster, and the wins will come. It's as simple as that. Until then, hope for as many losses as possible to finish off this season.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Thank you!

This winning culture/losing culture stuff is entirely dictated by quality of the players, not by a magical, invisible aura that plagues rosters from one season to the next. Even the Raptors were able to go from 27 wins to 47 wins over one summer.

Improve the roster, and the wins will come. It's as simple as that. Until then, hope for as many losses as possible to finish off this season.
                                If the NBA would get rid of the draft it would fix this bizarro NBA where losing is a positive.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...itch-the-draft

Comment

Working...
                                X