One Last Trade Scenario Before the Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Last Trade Scenario Before the Draft

1) S&T Bosh/Belli to Bulls for Deng/Hinrich/no. 17 and maybe a future pick. Draft Whiteside with no. 17 (hoping he's available, if not, another defensive C with high potential. there are many in this draft).

2) Send Calderon/Banks/Evans to Washington for Arenas. Washington PG combo is now league best with Wall & Calderon, Banks as great 3rd option (I maintain he is highly underrated). Calderon is probably best backup PG in league, in my opinion (except maybe Collison). Excellent teammate to pair with Wall. Banks/Evans (<10 mil) come off books next season. WAS should do this trade.

3) Send Turk and no. 13 to Clippers for no. 8 pick and maybe a future pick. Draft Aldrich with no. 8. Turk fits in perfect with Clips other 4 starters. I think it's a pipe dream any of Bosh, Lebron, Wade, Johnson, Nowitzki or Stoudamire sign with the Clips. Turk is not bad for them.

Buy (if possible) 3rd pick in 20's. Draft Armon Johnson (solid role player, solid defense, shot creator, his weaknesses are all in areas that can be learned as he progresses in the league. I like this guy as a low first rounder)

Arenas/Jack/Armon Johnson
    Derozan/Hinrich/Johnson/Weems
    Deng/Weems/Wright (resigned)
    Bargs/Amir Johnson/Whiteside/Dorsey
    Aldrich/Whiteside/Dorsey/Bargs

This gives us:
    -Scoring and defensively upgraded PG set, with young talent in development.
    -A very high scoring/middle of the road defensive team overall. Upgrade in both cases over last year.
    -Veteran backup for Derozan who can shoot, distribute and play clutch. Former starter. As well, see Armon Johnson.
    -Scoring/rebounding SF entering his prime. Clearly defines Weems' role, places him in good position to become excellent rotation guy.
    -Between Derozan/Deng/Weems/Hinrich/Johnson, Raps wing players are now finally strong and deep.
    -Bargnani finally plays in natural position. He will excel here.
    -Two young centers. One is solid, can start right away. The other has massive potential.

This gives the Raps a guaranteed playoff team who will only get better as their extremely young core develops.

This will be my last trade thingy.

Do we have enough cap space for all of this?

Comment

Other than Amir Johnson and Antoine Wright, there are no signings - everything comes through a trade. Also, we clear a lot of space by sending Turk to the Clips (they are under the cap, and so can absorb salary).

The money we save through the Turk trade can be used towards Amir and Antoine Wright.

I'm not sure, as I haven't looked at total salary, but we may also have the MLE to sign someone else.

Comment

How are the Bulls going to trade the 17th pick 2 weeks after the draft, and how are the Raptors going to go back in time and select Whiteside two weeks before they can even get the pick?
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I guarantee you there will be another trade scenario to grace this site before it gets dark tonight.

...and another Bosh statement probably.

Comment

Isn't the combo of Wall/Arenas light years better than Wall/Calderon?
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
              Isn't the combo of Wall/Arenas light years better than Wall/Calderon?
              Arenas is much more expensive and craaaazy (according to Washington).

This series of transactions is far-fetched but would be fun.

Comment

Working...
              X