Iggy Trade Options - Pick Your Favourite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iggy Trade Options - Pick Your Favourite

So these were the "best for both teams" trade options I could come up with for Iggy (not including dalembert). Now we'd have to include 3 million in cash and/or 2nd rounders to appease Phili, but which of the two would you prefer?

-------------------
    Trade Scenario #1
    --------------------
    To Raps: Iguodala and Holiday

To Phili: Jose, Demar and Rasho (arrange for buyout and re-sign for the playoffs)
    --------------------

OR

--------------------
    Trade Scenario #2
    --------------------
    To the Raps: Iguodala, Speights and Ivey

To Phili: Jose, Derozan, and Amir
    --------------------

trade scenario 1 would leave us more balanced with a possible point guard for the future, whereas scenario 2 would give us a boost in a slight upgrade from Amir to Speights. Which is your favorite?
    When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Both depend on whether BC thinks Derozan will not be better than Iggy. With no draft picks for the future, and not too much young talent locked in..(Amir, Bosh UFA) I would want to keep Derozan..always good to have young talent with upside

Comment

Me likes trade scenario #1 but there's no way Philly would ever do it. I would do it in a heartbeat, but Philly GM Stefanski wouldn't let the team get raped like that. I'm not a fan of trade scenario #2.

I'd be loathe to break up the CalderJack combo, as it's working so nicely, but if BC could work something out to get Iggy (who imho would make the Raps an elite team in the league) then I say go for it. How 'about

Calderon/DeMar+ Weems

for

Iggy

Admittedly IDK if the contracts work out money wise but if it does or is close enough the trade scenario can be tweaked.

Philly is in need of a true PG with experience to run the offense. Iggy is one of the better SG perimeter defenders who can also has offensive firepower. We'd be thin at the PG position, but I'm sure BC could find a player to fill that. With Ocho gone Hedo would be able to play to his potential as he'd be handling the ball a hell of a lot more.

My trade scenario is probably just as unlikely, but TBH if BC can figure out any way to bring Iggy here I'd be for it (short of giving up CB or Il Mago of course)

Comment

I'd hate giving up DeRozan this early but Iggy is the player we want DeRozan to become so I suppose I could be convinced.

I'd go with Option #1 but I don't think Philly will give up Holiday. Looking at this deal four years from now they could be giving up two of the best players in it.

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
          Calderon/DeMar+ Weems

for

Iggy

Admittedly IDK if the contracts work out money wise but if it does or is close enough the trade scenario can be tweaked.
          They do, but Phili would have to waive either Gangsta or Carney to create the roster spot...

Comment

tarunj wrote: View Post
            Both depend on whether BC thinks Derozan will not be better than Iggy. With no draft picks for the future, and not too much young talent locked in..(Amir, Bosh UFA) I would want to keep Derozan..always good to have young talent with upside
            Agreed but the consensus is that Demar's ceiling is @ a Iggy/J-rich level and to be honest the chances of him or most prospects reaching that ceiling is like 10%... Why not get a 26 y/o Iguodala now and all-but force CB to resign with us this summer??? It puts us in the tax for next year and we can do our best blue Jays impression and buy ourselves a championship contender!

Comment

If the 76ers are looking to move cap and we can use the trade and drop;

Iguodala and Holiday to the raps for Jose/Wright/POB/Rasho.

76ers lose nearly 4.7 million at the end of the season in 3 expiring contracts, lock up a point guard that sees 4 million in cap difference come there way.
              And the raptors get iggy and keep DD to learn from his projected talent first hand.

With the aforementioned possibility of a drop and reisgn of Rasho.

Comment

I dunno if I want to let Jose go since he's filling the bench role very nicely. If he can do that all year (and playoffs) then it s extremely tough to give that sort of advantage up. At the same time; does a team really need that sort of 1-2 punch at the PG spot to make some noise in the playoffs?

Comment

Philly says no to both deals.

Why would they trade Iguodala, who has a long term contract for Calderon, who has a long term contract? Makes no sense.

Comment

"Philly says no to both deals. Why would they trade Iguodala, who has a long term contract for Calderon, who has a long term contract? Makes no sense. "

I dont doubt that Philly says no, but not for the reason specified.... They have stated that they want expiring pieces along with talent - if this wasnt the case they'd have taken T-mac's expiring 22mill (and possibly picks)for Iguodala and Dalembert straight up a long time ago....

So to recap they want expiring contracts alongside longterm talent. Now they may very well do better than Calderon, but their biggest need is a playmaker, and Calderon HAS to be considered the strongest playmaker available on the trade market currently....

Comment

sounds good to me
                      smith langer

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                        I dunno if I want to let Jose go since he's filling the bench role very nicely. If he can do that all year (and playoffs) then it s extremely tough to give that sort of advantage up. At the same time; does a team really need that sort of 1-2 punch at the PG spot to make some noise in the playoffs?
                        So you would rather have a $10 million BACK-UP pg than a prolific slasher/scorer/defensive wing???

Comment

Beaverboi wrote: View Post
                          So you would rather have a $10 million BACK-UP pg than a prolific slasher/scorer/defensive wing???
                          I like Jose as a backup, but this is a no-brainer. Gotta get Iggy if you have the chance.

Comment

Iggy at trade deadline would've been godsend.

Comment

is iggy a chucker?

Comment

Working...
                              X