Hmmm ... Bosh as a Bull?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm ... Bosh as a Bull?

Not sure if this is Chad Ford just stirring the pot, or if he has some actual insider news that we don't know about.

That would be an interesting squad and a formidable front court of Chris and Joakim. Much better compliment to Bosh's game than Bargnani is if I do say so myself.

Ariel (New York)
    Why woul Bosh leave Toronto? nice nucleus, and a great city. unless he can play with lebron or wade, why would he leave?

Chad Ford
    Great city. Not sure about the nucleus. May have a chance to play with Bron or Wade. If not, may have the chance to play with Derrick Rose.
    Source - Click here

Bosh has been billed as the Bulls top target in free agency for most the last 18 months (except for the Wade-mania bits in between).

Bosh is seen as the elite big man that the squad needs to round out their lineup ... which he is.
    nbaroundtable

Comment

They will have the cap space to make a run but their post Jordan track record is far worse than the Raptors track record over that time. The Bulls can't offer him that final (roughly) $27M year that the Raptors can and a move to Chicago takes him out of his comfort zone and into a new system under a management team who can't seem to get it right...I don't know, if I'm Chris Bosh, what does Chicago have that beats out $27M extra?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        They will have the cap space to make a run but their post Jordan track record is far worse than the Raptors track record over that time. The Bulls can't offer him that final (roughly) $27M year that the Raptors can and a move to Chicago takes him out of his comfort zone and into a new system under a management team who can't seem to get it right...I don't know, if I'm Chris Bosh, what does Chicago have that beats out $27M extra?
        Do you honestly believe that a familiar "system" will have any sort of impact on his decision? I don't, systems come and go and unless you're somebody like Amare who's tailor-made to play with Nash, I don't think it matters much.

Bosh's game is very system independent, every team in the league wants 20/10 and he can deliver that anywhere, regardless of touches.

Comment

Miami and Chicago look like the two biggest threats to steal Bosh away.

The Thunder (financial), Nets (talent) and Knicks (talent) could possibly get involved too but I think they have some ground to make up with the other teams.

I still think the Raptors are the frontrunner to sign Bosh.
          nbaroundtable

Comment

I'm just saying, he's in his comfort zone in Toronto. When I say "system" there's a lot more to it than just the X's and O's. Chicago cannot offer him a better chance at a title. They also can't offer him those $27 or so million dollars in that final year.

Comment

Chicago cannot offer him a better chance at a title.
              Why do you think that the Bulls can't offer him a better shot at a title?

Derrick Rose. Joakim Noah. Luol Deng. Plus one of Kirk Hinrich/John Salmons.

Add Bosh to that mix and I think the Bulls are a 55+ win team straight away.
              nbaroundtable

Comment

It would be so devastating for Bosh to leave - I hope for the Raps and their fans he doesn't.

He reminds me so much of a young CWebb.

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
                  Why do you think that the Bulls can't offer him a better shot at a title?

Derrick Rose. Joakim Noah. Luol Deng. Plus one of Kirk Hinrich/John Salmons.

Add Bosh to that mix and I think the Bulls are a 55+ win team straight away.
                  I think they're overrated. Even if they could win 55 games is that enough to bail on $27M? Not a chance.

Comment

Eze wrote: View Post
                    It would be so devastating for Bosh to leave - I hope for the Raps and their fans he doesn't.

He reminds me so much of a young CWebb.
                    I was on the fence up until this season regarding Bosh. Have always loved him as a player, but was starting to become skeptical towards the end of last season. Then he beefed up and changed his style altogether to the player Raptors fans have been begged him to be for years now. More of a low post presence and getting to the line often. Settling less with those mid range jumpers which I'm happy to see.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                      I was on the fence up until this season regarding Bosh. Have always loved him as a player, but was starting to become skeptical towards the end of last season. Then he beefed up and changed his style altogether to the player Raptors fans have been begged him to be for years now. More of a low post presence and getting to the line often. Settling less with those mid range jumpers which I'm happy to see.
                      I've always had a thing for Bosh...most likely my favorite player outside of the Kings.

I do see where the question marks arise with him...especially in the past...but he's still a really special player.

I'd give anything for him. *sigh*

Comment

I think Bosh is an excellent player but I hope he leaves if this team barely makes the playoffs and then fails to advance past the first round - a likely result given the season so far. Bosh staying with a middle of the road Raptors team means management will be satisfied because fans will have a reason to keep buying tickets. Bosh leaving because the team is mediocre at least has a chance of truly stirring things up to the point that either Colangelo gets his act together (I used to be a fan of his, now I'm not) or management finds a new (hopefully better) GM.

Of course, even if Bosh goes, I'm not sure Colangelo has anything to worry about. And I'm not sure MLSE has the ability to find a better GM. Lord knows there are worse than BC out there.

I think I'm beginning to hate being a Raptors fan.

Comment

Bosh isn't leaving money on the table just to change teams.

So many people pretend players don't care about $30 million in guaranteed money. What imaginations - it has never, ever happened!

Bosh may change teams by trade or S&T - Chicago has assets that could make this happen, but Chicago will have to give value back or it won't happen. They don't get to keep all those great young assets if they want Bosh - they'll have to give something of real value.
                          The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Yeah, its like "average Joe" on the street passing on $100,000 in guaranteed money to do a job for one year.

Comment

Yeah, its like "average Joe" on the street passing on $100,000 in guaranteed money to do a job for one year.
                              POB is making 6 time more...

Comment

Working...
                              X