No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm ok with this deal. Boozer gives us a lot of the things I think the team actually needs. I don't think we really need an athletic PF necessarily. With Gay, Demar, Ross and Fields, Gay and even Fields can both line up at PF to play small, and we're really athletic. We need low-post scoring, where Boozer is among the best in the league, right up there with guys like Jefferson and Gasol. We need rebounding...Boozer is a great rebounder, always has been. He's a fairly good passer, and also has decent range on his jumper. He's also got something I value really highly and wanted to get on this team all season: legitimate postseason experience. Been on teams in the playoffs many times, with varying levels of success. OH, and he's been part of maybe the best defence in teh league since he got to Chicago. I know he's not the best defensive PF, but he clearly hasn't hurt them too much, and while people might point to Noah and Gibson...well shouldn't JV and Amir project to fit similer roles well beside him? Not counting the fact JV obviously has more scoring potential than either of them.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
      It takes a team to play defense. Boozer was starting for the number 1 defense in the league. He clearly is no slouch at such an important position (in the post)
      You've never actually paid attention to his D, have you? You're being very naive if you think he provides solid D.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a28zws9

Boozer/Robinson

for

Bargnani/Lucas

Draft pick included from Chicago and I'm good with it.

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
          "better defense"? wrong
          Defense is a team thing that everyone has to commit to. Bargs' man D has been good for a couple of seasons now, but he just is very rarely engaged in playing team D, filling spaces and helping properly. He also doesn't rebound, which a lot of coaches try to tell guys is the most important part of D, because solid D doesn't matter if you can't get the ball. Boozer definitely rebounds, and he's clearly been committed enough to fit into maybe the best D in the league.

Comment

• Gray should be in this trade?

Are we really going to try and run boozer+amir+gray+jv?

Comment

• I think this trade starts looking into next season. Lowry, Derozan, Gay, Boozer all under contract for next season, it's likely where things are happening.

The more and more these trades start happening, I wouldn't be unhappy with re-signing BC. He looks to have a plan, because once Gay and Boozer expire, that's A LOT of money opening up. By that time, we'll have had winning experience with Gay, Boozer leading the way for the young group.

With MLSE willing to spend, I don't put cap as an issue anymore. UNLESS, team is trying to get guys from free agency.

Boozer this season without Rose has been awesome. With no one really dominating the ball in Chicago, the ball is getting moved around, and that's where Boozer fits the best. Low post threat, rebounder, not a great defender, but definitely an upgrade to Bargnani in general.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• O god noo noo nottt thiss guyyyy!!

we can pick him up from amnesty this offseason if anything :s

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a28zws9

Boozer/Robinson

for

Bargnani/Lucas

Draft pick included from Chicago and I'm good with it.
                  I'm generally ok with it...we're still going to have issues at PG though. Robinson is an upgrade as a shoot-first PG...but we'd stil only be 2-deep. It would still leave a lot of pressure on Lowry to get people involved, and leave us needing a 3rd stringer...which is obviously better than needing a 2nd stringer though...

Comment

• mtth wrote: View Post
                    I prefer Barg over Boozer with our actual line up. We need someone who can shoot the 3s and spread the defense, giving room for DD and RD. And we still need a back up PG please pretty please...
                    That trade is a poor attempt by BC to save his ass.
                    That could also be said about our post-up offense. We have no power inside and we have no one who can do the nasty work in the paint. Bargnani is too soft to get rebounds and shove people around. Val is still a rookie. Amir can do those things, but no as well as Boozer.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                      He's going to be close to retirement or severly declining when this team is ready to contend. Wrong age for this team. Millsap is the guy we need. I don't see it happening.
                      I agree to some extent. I think Boozer will help this team in the next two years, but I want Millsap much much more!

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        Boozer sucks but his contract is a lot shorter than Bargs and the ability to shed Bargs AND Kleiza's contract is pretty rad.
                        "a lot shorter"? it's exactly same length, and with Kleiza included, there bgoes the ability to amnesty anybody you'd want to.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                          Oh by the way, I loved the Gay deal, I just don't think this is as beneficial.
                          The things about the Gay trade is that it all depends on how well Gay performs in his time as a Raptor. If he can give us consistent all-star numbers, I have no problem with the trade. It also depends on what else BC has cooking in his mind. If he can reshape this roster into something that would work with Gay's skill set and strengths, along with the team's needs, the trade would be an overall success. Finally, if we do end up making further into the playoffs (maybe the second round), I can see Gay more likely resigning with us.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Defense is a team thing that everyone has to commit to. Bargs' man D has been good for a couple of seasons now, but he just is very rarely engaged in playing team D, filling spaces and helping properly. He also doesn't rebound, which a lot of coaches try to tell guys is the most important part of D, because solid D doesn't matter if you can't get the ball. Boozer definitely rebounds, and he's clearly been committed enough to fit into maybe the best D in the league.
                            Yet they want to trade him for a 7' 3 pt shooter that "doesn't play team D well". Hmmmmmm, why does Chicago want to make this trade?

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                              If this goes down I'd be happy but wow really? Boozer is a piece for that championship hunt... and Bargnani is the wrong guy to play on a get down and dirty bulks team full of emotional guys like Noah
                              lol I can see Noah smacking Bargnani on the head multiple times for playing no defense and shooting threes all the time xD

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                How? and don't gimme that "huge contract" BS. Boozer is simply a much better PF than Bargnani, plain and simple. You have to spend to win or you'll end up like Memphis
                                How? Well, how does Boozer fit a team with high usage players who's main issue has been defence this year?

Boozer doesn't significantly upgrade this team defensively even if Andrea is the player going the other way. He might not blow rotations or be passive defensively but he's still an average to below average defender.

Bulls want to get rid of him because they don't want to pay that contract. And his contract IS large for a player of his productivity.

What's wrong with ending up like Memphis? Top 4-5 seed in the West no?

Most good teams (OKC, Miami, Memphis, SA) spend money on players that help them win, plain and simple. They don't overpay role players. Booozer is not going to impact winning that much on this Raps team.

I would agree with you that Boozer is better than Andrea but how good is he really and what will his impact be on the floor when it comes to w vs l's?

Comment

Working...
                                X