Who should the Raptors not Draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should the Raptors not Draft?

When JV was picked last year it seemed like the world was coming to an end. Which draft pick would you be the most upset with if the Raptors drafted him and why? Assume the Raptors have a pick in the top 10.
    Andre Drummond
    16.56%
    Thomas Robinson
    5.52%
    Perry Jones III
    9.82%
    Harrison Barnes
    4.29%
    John Henson
    17.18%
    Tyler Zeller
    17.18%
    Terrence Jones
    2.45%
    Jared Sullinger
    19.63%
    Jeremy Lamb
    7.36%
    Last edited by planetmars; Fri Apr 13, 2012, 11:53 AM. Reason: Added a poll.

drummond, sullinger, jones3

drummond i see bust potential

sullinger 2 different sized legs

jones3 coulda shoulda woulda put it together

Comment

I'm going with Drummond and Zeller. Drummond because I see a big time bust there, and Zeller because we already have JV and I think it would be a waste since he wouldn't get much development time in (which he would need).

Comment

Drummond, Sullinger and Lamb.

Drummond because he looks like a bust(hasheem thabeet)

Sullinger 2 different sized legs and he doesn't have the length or quickness to be able to guard taller faster PF's(someone like Bargnani would eat him alive on offense)

Lamb because i didn't see anything special out of him this year which was suppose to be his breakout year.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          drummond, sullinger, jones3

drummond i see bust potential

sullinger 2 different sized legs

jones3 coulda shoulda woulda put it together
          +1

I'm also not sold on Thomas Robinson or Terrence Jones however both of those guys would be distant 4 and 5 to the above three.

I based my selections on top 10 at ESPN. I don't see the Raptors picking outside the top 8 at worst.

Comment

I don't think we should go near any of the PFs, excluding Davis of course.

Comment

Yay! I get to be the first to say how worried I am about Harrison Barnes. Now, don't get me wrong, there's no doubt he should be at least a decent NBA player, but I've never seen a player look so stagnant for his college career, and fail to step up 2 years in a row on a stage smaller than the one he's about to jump to. Maybe his personality and game are better suited to the NBA, or maybe he doesn't have the head or motor to take his game up a notch.
              In a year of looking for real impact players, I have been much much more impressed with MKG and Bradley Beal. If we can't take one of those 2, I might take Barnes as a consolation prize, but reluctantly. We might be too high to take one of the PGs(who all seem to have glaring weaknesses this year), so maybe swapping picks is an option? And other than Davis, we wouldn't need any of the other high-rated bigs, although I think Casey might fall in love with Robinson. Anyway, I know a lot of people are going to come to Barnes' defense because he's been on the radar for years, since high school, but I really like the other 2 guys' games more and think they would fit into our team better. If we end up in the top 5, maybe 6, we'll probably get a choice between at least 2 of them, and I would rather we don't take Barnes given a choice, is basically what I'm saying.
              I'd like to add that as most people, I love MKG, and I think adding him and Jonas to a slightly more mature, committed team next year would really cement the culture change. From everything I've seen of both of them, they really care about winning and really love the game. I think they both have the kind of mental makeup we've lacked in our core players for the entire history of our franchise, where the closest have been core role players like Oak, Alvin, AD and JYD. This is my worry with Barnes, that he hasn't shown the kind of hunger and passion you want from someone you would want to be one of your stars.

Comment

TheR3dMenace wrote: View Post
                I don't think we should go near any of the PFs, excluding Davis of course.
                I'll 2nd that motion.

Comment

MKG
                  Sullinger (Corliss Williamson 2.0)
                  T. Robinson

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                    MKG
                    T. Robinson
                    interesting.... do explain...

Comment

I'm going to guess because MKG's a wing who can't create his own shot.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                        MKG
                        T. Robinson
                        Sullinger is no way similar to Williamson. Sullinger has legit NBA power forward size, Williamson was a 6'7" tweener. That being said, Williamson did win an NBA title with Detroit and was also a 6th man of the year winner. He had a decent, not spectacular 11 season NBA career.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I'd be pretty upset if we ended up with Jeremy Lamb. Jonas is a great sign that I should trust people who know better than I do, but in a draft where there are options for such great pieces - Lamb seems very average.
                          The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Didn't Zeller pull out?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Didn't Zeller pull out?
                              Tyler Zeller the senior from NC will be in the draft. His brother Cody Zeller from Indiana is going back to college.

Comment

Working...
                              X