Ideas for off-season changes? Read this first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for off-season changes? Read this first

At the suggestion of thead, before you go making suggestions with what the Raptors should do, know the rules and if what you suggest is even possible as it will save time and pixels.

All things CBA - Larry Coon NBA CBA FAQ

NBA Player Contracts and Team Salary information - HoopsWorld.com

2013 NBA Free Agents - HoopsWorld.com

NBA Draft Picks owed and owing - RealGM

NBA Trade machine - ESPN

Larry Coon is most important. All the break downs on exceptions, trade rules, free agency, etc. found in there.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Apr 18, 2013, 01:44 PM.

thanks Matt. how about la amnesties Bryant and we sign him at vet minimum for leadership. I think it follows all of the rules.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      thanks Matt. how about la amnesties Bryant and we sign him at vet minimum for leadership. I think it follows all of the rules.
      Only teams that have cap space can place bids on amnesty - Raps have no cap space.

I don't think Kobe gets through the waiver wire if he was amnestied and even if he did I don't think he willingly coming to the Raptors for vet minimum. Kobe has made it pretty clear in his career he only wants to be playing for championships.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Only teams that have cap space can place bids on amnesty - Raps have no cap space.

I don't think Kobe gets through the waiver wire if he was amnestied and even if he did I don't think he willingly coming to the Raptors for vet minimum. Kobe has made it pretty clear in his career he only wants to be playing for championships.
        Kobe won't be amnestied. LA would lose his bird rights and won't be able to afford him due to cap restrictions, assuming they bring back Dwight at the max.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
          Kobe won't be amnestied. LA would lose his bird rights and won't be able to afford him due to cap restrictions, assuming they bring back Dwight at the max.
          That is another issue all together.

Comment

The real reason they don't amnesty him is because he'll be back by the start of the season. I can't imagine that he won't be; that's what Kobe does these days.

Comment

guys we dont need that stuff.. were gunna trade bargs for lebron and then when we amnesty klezia we can sign d12 and j-smith... you over think too much

sorry for this just wanted to be typical raps fan

Comment

Burnit482 wrote: View Post
                guys we dont need that stuff.. were gunna trade bargs for lebron and then when we amnesty klezia we can sign d12 and j-smith... you over think too much

sorry for this just wanted to be typical raps fan
                Yeah, if you had read the links you would have seen none of that is possible.

Thanks for making the point on the reason for the linked information to begin with.

Comment

i know it was just a joke for exactly that reason.
                  I beat tenforthewin to it

Comment

Fan Essentials

Great idea. Also go here for a bigger list:

Fan Essentials

Comment

Burnit482 wrote: View Post
                      i know it was just a joke for exactly that reason.
                      I beat tenforthewin to it
                      LOL.

i like this dude.

Comment

Someone tell me if we can sign JJ Redick?

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                          Someone tell me if we can sign JJ Redick?
                          no, he'll want too much...and we won't be able to afford him.

Comment

New thoughts for Raptors

Ok for us to make a run into the finalist spot 2013/14 in my opinion two things must happen

1.) Get rid of Dwane Casey he is not getting us anywhere last season should have been a play off one

2.) Get an all-star caliber point guard a possible trade containing, bargnani (bad), kyle lowery (good but no all-star), derozan (good player but not gonna get any better and has shoes that T ross can fill), feilds (not a player we need at all).

3.) So our starting line up might look something like:

Lillard
                            Gay
                            Johnson
                            Valanciunas
                            Ross

Any thoughts?

Comment

ConnoMcMono wrote: View Post
                              Ok for us to make a run into the finalist spot 2013/14 in my opinion two things must happen

1.) Get rid of Dwane Casey he is not getting us anywhere last season should have been a play off one

2.) Get an all-star caliber point guard a possible trade containing, bargnani (bad), kyle lowery (good but no all-star), derozan (good player but not gonna get any better and has shoes that T ross can fill), feilds (not a player we need at all).

3.) So our starting line up might look something like:

Lillard
                              Gay
                              Johnson
                              Valanciunas
                              Ross

Any thoughts?
                              You're on salvia...that's my thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X