Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Free Agent Thoughts: JR Smith

Yes, JR Smith.

For all his negatives (inconsistency, immaturity, me-1st, off court problems) he offers a lot of positives that fit with what the Raptors desparately need (3pt shooting, slasher, great defender, athleticism).

The gamble is: when will or will he ever grow up?

Going on his 7th year in the league next season and turning 26 in September it is approaching now or never time. Signing him would be a huge gamble with a boom or bust outcome.

For the record, with a couple of tough veteran teammates and a veteran NBA coach is hte only way I'd consider this.

My question is: would you?
    Yes - He is ready to fulfill his potential.
    4.00%
    No - He is not a player the Raptors should even consider.
    76.00%
    Maybe - I'd like to but, well, you know why.
    20.00%

Colangelo avoids troubled players and J.R. Smith has missed up so many times...

Comment

I want to do this rebuild right.
      This is not a risk that I would recommend
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Good player, bad on-court antics. Raptors can do better.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          Colangelo avoids troubled players and J.R. Smith has missed up so many times...
          He was supposedly interested in December 2008.

So we all agree that we need to make a serious move or two if we want to do anything significant this season and Bryan Colangelo agrees. Apparently Colangelo offered his once prized signing Jason Kapono to the Nuggets for J.R Smith but the Nuggets wisely declined. So there you have it, Colangelo does admit that he makes mistakes and does try to fix them. The same article hints at Chris Wilcox being available if the Nets decline to match the Nenad Kristic offersheet as they are expected to do. He wouldn’t be too shabby of a pickup but I wonder with Jawai’s heart beating, Voskuhl not sucking and Humphries relegated to the deep bench, how much room we have for another big man.

Read more: http://raptorsrepublic.com/2008/12/2...#ixzz1Nt2uVK8a
          The Nuggets also have had talks with the Raptors, who want to shake things up. But earlier this month, when the Raptors offered Jason Kapono for J.R. Smith, the Nuggets quickly turned it down

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...e-record-book/
          But I guess JR Smith for Kapono wouldn't have been that much of a risk - lol.

If the rumour was true, not saying it is as we have no way to verify, but if it was, it came after:

10 game suspension for fight in NY in 2006 (Remember that Melo? B!tch slap and run?)
          3 game suspension in 2007 for conduct detrimental to team (nightclub)
          7 game suspension in 2009 for the conviction of 2007 accident that killed his friend.

Comment

Sry he should go to the Lakers , where all the crazies are at, eg. Bynum, Artest, Barnes.
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

would love him here...he's my 3rd fav player
              "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

Pass
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Denver has tried to trade JR Smith, there weren't any takers for a reason...

Seriously, fans want chuckers on this team? We don't need ben gordons and JR Smith's of the world. Geeze
                  -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                  -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                    Denver has tried to trade JR Smith, there weren't any takers for a reason...

Seriously, fans want chuckers on this team? We don't need ben gordons and JR Smith's of the world. Geeze
                    And what do you call Barbosa?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      And what do you call Barbosa?
                      1) Better than Turkoglu.

2) Trade bait.

Comment

If Karl cant control him..............

Comment

i was down earlier but now not so much.

i think the only way he would calm down is on a contender like the bulls and I think he's a starter.

which, i don't think he'd start here so we don't really need him.
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I'd be inclined to take a chance on him IF he wouldn't be expecting a starting job. He's a tailor-made 6th man if there ever was one, and at worst a crazy good shooter off the bench. Too much talent to not even consider looking at him.

At least he's not driving cars anymore...
                            http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-wp4038
                            Last edited by jrdyck; Tue May 31, 2011, 04:55 PM.

Comment

I'mmmm No...

Maybe if I was high...
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Working...
                              X