Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Players that could be traded this season - Poll Added: Do we have any Keepers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players that could be traded this season - Poll Added: Do we have any Keepers?

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...ade-candidates

OUCH. But true.

Since this team has been so disappointing, any one can (and SHOULD) be traded.

What a disaster.
    Jonas Valanciunas
    26.80%
    Demar Derozan
    17.53%
    Kyle Lowry
    10.31%
    Ed Davis
    16.49%
    Jose Calderon (see Bargnani, Andrea)
    3.09%
    Andrea Bargnani (it's only fair I include him with all the others)
    3.09%
    Amir Johnson
    5.15%
    Terrence Ross
    17.53%

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...ade-candidates

OUCH. But true.

Since this team has been so disappointing, any one can (and SHOULD) be traded.

What a disaster.
    And this:

3. Rudy Gay's Defense

It's still not quite trustworthy, at least in the way you'd like from a max-salaried wing set to play 40-plus minutes in the playoffs for a would-be contender. Gay is a worker, but there are still too many minor lapses in positioning and effort. Gay is often a half-step out of position against side pick-and-rolls, and that half-step makes it much harder for him to force those ball handlers to the baseline — and away from the middle. And opponents know they can score the occasional easy runout in transition as Gay watches his shot or that of a teammate. He needs to clean this stuff up.

Comment

You are not a true fan if you think that DD & Ed should be traded for the efforts they are putting up. But to each his/her own opinion right?

Comment

ha ha ha from that article they talk about Phoenix's PJ Tucker: "a fierce defender in P.J. Tucker"

So we draft him, he goes play sin someone's kitchen in Latvia for 4 years, and now he's a great defender

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
          You are not a true fan if you think that DD & Ed should be traded for the efforts they are putting up. But to each his/her own opinion right?
          If the Raptors are going to start over with a completely new rebuild, than Valanciunas is the only player on the current roster that I would worry about keeping. If the right trade comes along, every other player should be expendable. You have to remember that being open to trading a player doesn't mean you hate that player or think he's useless... I would hope that any trade made is only made to make the team better (not just for the sake of trading).

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            If the Raptors are going to start over with a completely new rebuild, than Valanciunas is the only player on the current roster that I would worry about keeping. If the right trade comes along, every other player should be expendable. You have to remember that being open to trading a player doesn't mean you hate that player or think he's useless... I would hope that any trade made is only made to make the team better (not just for the sake of trading).
            +1

Although I'd be hesitant to include Ross just because he's so young.. he could turn into a Ray Allen type (wishful thinking I know) but you don't want to give up on a guy like that so soon.

Comment

A bunch of overachievers. They won 4 more games than I though they would.

Comment

Obviously JV is the only true untouchable, but I don't think you're going to find a deal for Demar that makes sense at this point. He's having a good season, and just signed an extension. Maybe next season if he's still improving some teams will be offering good deals for him. But even then, he will seem like really good value, so chances are no team is going to offer something worthwhile for him, as they'll all be trying to steal him or dump crap on us.

Comment

Everyone other than Derozan, Davis, Valanciunas, Ross, and Lowry.
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                    Everyone other than Derozan, Davis, Valanciunas, Ross, and Lowry.
                    I like them all, but I certainly hope that DeRozan, Davis, Ross and Lowry wouldn't be considered 'untouchable'. Ross is probably the closest to that, given his contract, age and potential.

Lowry
                    - until/unless he gest extended, there's always a risk that he simply walks after his contract, which automatically makes him a tradeable asset
                    - why would you shell out huge money to a guy who's going to be 27 in March, if the team is starting over and won't be ready to contend for playoffs for at least 2-3 seasons at least?

Davis
                    - solid backup PF, easily replaced

DeRozan
                    - despite offensive improvement, he's still a defensive liability and he has no outside shot
                    - if Toronto does decide to start a complete 3-5 year rebuild, I would think that if a team offered a top-10 pick in a loaded draft class and allowed the franchise to get out from under DeRozan's huge new contract, you'd have to strongly consider it
                    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Dec 11, 2012, 02:55 PM.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      I like them all, but I certainly hope that DeRozan, Davis, Ross and Lowry wouldn't be considered 'untouchable'. Ross is probably the closest to that, given his contract, age and potential.

Lowry
                      - until/unless he gest extended, there's always a risk that he simply walks after his contract, which automatically makes him a tradeable asset
                      - why would you shell out huge money to a guy who's going to be 27 in March, if the team is starting over and won't be ready to contend for playoffs for at least 2-3 seasons at least?
                      This. Not to mention hes not all i hope he would be. I knew he was bullheaded and was going to force things outside of the offense and wasnt going to be the distrubutor jose is, but he was touted repeatedly as a good preimeter defender. This I have yet to see.

I feel like hes getting a free pass far too often on this site. Whats the biggest change we have made from this year to last year... you can credit are good defense to bargs being injured all you want, but in reality I think you need to start looking at our supposed leader and floor general as well.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Obviously JV is the only true untouchable, but I don't think you're going to find a deal for Demar that makes sense at this point. He's having a good season, and just signed an extension. Maybe next season if he's still improving some teams will be offering good deals for him. But even then, he will seem like really good value, so chances are no team is going to offer something worthwhile for him, as they'll all be trying to steal him or dump crap on us.
                        +1

Demar is off the trading block IMO unless he is used in a deal to bring a franchise talent.

Comment

If you truly believe this is the Rapocalypse, then Valanciunas should be on the block, too. After all, he's your most valuable asset. "Blow it up" means just that -- blanket changes, no one is safe. Which is why it's nonsense as a team-building strategy. Panic is expected from fans, but it's not something I want to see in the front office, no matter how dire the situation.
                          Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                            Amen, the only 2 players (+ the occasional amir and the good part of Lowry) I have loved watching this season

Comment

I see indications of Lowry wanting to get "his" late in games. I feel he has cost the Raptors a couple of potential wins by not distributing the ball to the open man. I get worried that he is not the asset we think he is. I would see what he is worth as well.

Keep JV, Ed and DD and market the rest for the best deal on expiring contracts and draft picks. I might even take back Vince (and give his mom back her parking spot) as long as a first rounder came with him.
                              Last edited by Profster; Tue Dec 11, 2012, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X