Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    One thing I noticed about DD is that he's not quick, he doesn't have that first step or can't run down the court like Ross which is what negatively impacts his game a lot imo, he would be so much more better with quickness.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    He isn't very quick, I noticed that. I thought I was the only one, every American 'expert' says the only thing Toronto should be feared for is the quickness of Ross and derozan. They say they are quick off the dribble and dunk on the fast break every game. As raps fans we know that's not true
    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
      One thing I noticed about DD is that he's not quick, he doesn't have that first step or can't run down the court like Ross which is what negatively impacts his game a lot imo, he would be so much more better with quickness.
      Demar blew past JJ with a left-handed dribble twice in the first half yesterday; that's quicks.
      Running down the court is more Speed and Athleticism, and I'd say Demar does that just fine as well.

And right now at least, Ross is NOT a good defender. Unfortunately.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
        He's got a 6'9 wingspan and is athletic, if ross can become a solid defender so can dd
        Ross isn't as good as a defender as some people here think. He makes A LOT of mistakes. He has the tools just like Derozan does. However, Ross is getting exposed because unlike Demar, he isn't a consistent scorer YET. I hope T Ross can put it together soon... We need him!

Comment

• A lot of Ross problems on defense are related to Casey's defensive scheme. He is being overly aggressive on close outs and BKN is blowing by him. Casey should relax the defense and make the Nets shoot. Three Nets players are shooting 50% because they can just blow by on close outs or pump fake fouls.Give the Nets space make them shoot.DD and Lowry are having D problems too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• At least the clowns like OldSkoolCool that think we should start Ross and get a 3+D small forward instead of DeMar can shut the fuck up now.

We'd be down 3-0 and getting the floor wiped with us if we didn't have a scorer like him. Shooting percentage may not be great right now, but he's scoring 24 points on 18 shots (1.33 PPS) because he can get to the FT Line like nothing (leads the entire playoffs in makes and attempts). It's not an ability you can just brush aside and say "well he only scores a lot cause of his free throws", yeah no shit, free throws are HUGE in basketball.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
              A lot of Ross problems on defense are related to Casey's defensive scheme. He is being overly aggressive on close outs and BKN is blowing by him. Casey should relax the defense and make the Nets shoot. Three Nets players are shooting 50% because they can just blow by on close outs or pump fake fouls.Give the Nets space make them shoot.DD and Lowry are having D problems too.

Yes, all the players on our team can be better defensively.... That's obvious. BUT at least DD and Lowry bring other things to the table (scoring and playmaking). Ross hasn't done anything at all.

This season is about assessing who deserves to be apart of the core moving forward....Ross needs to grow up very quickly....no more excuses

Btw jumping for pump fakes and losing people your guarding is on the player NOT the coach. Please stop with the excuses....I thought we stopped making excuses for players after we got rid of Bargnani.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                He isn't very quick, I noticed that. I thought I was the only one, every American 'expert' says the only thing Toronto should be feared for is the quickness of Ross and derozan. They say they are quick off the dribble and dunk on the fast break every game. As raps fans we know that's not true
                His first step is pretty bad yeh, also has poor lateral quickness which is one of the major reasons he's been a pylon defensively his whole career, he'll certainly never be a stopper, but hopefully continue to improve. Ross is far more athletic than he is, but obviously that hasn't meant anything in this series!
                Last edited by BigCamB; Sun Apr 27, 2014, 01:27 AM.

Comment

• It is on the player but the over defending is on the coach. We're defending the Nets like they have been drilling shots all night in the first quarter. Relax the defense and Ross will look better.

Comment

• Essentially the Raptors are playing fourth quarter defense right from the start.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                      At least the clowns like OldSkoolCool that think we should start Ross and get a 3+D small forward instead of DeMar can shut the fuck up now.

We'd be down 3-0 and getting the floor wiped with us if we didn't have a scorer like him. Shooting percentage may not be great right now, but he's scoring 24 points on 18 shots (1.33 PPS) because he can get to the FT Line like nothing (leads the entire playoffs in makes and attempts). It's not an ability you can just brush aside and say "well he only scores a lot cause of his free throws", yeah no shit, free throws are HUGE in basketball.
                      Come on man, it's comments like this that make this thread hardly readable. You could still get your point across without calling anyone out attempting to resurrect old arguments.
                      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                        Come on man, it's comments like this that make this thread hardly readable. You could still get your point across without calling anyone out attempting to resurrect old arguments.
                        Lol I blocked him...

But that post is really funny

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote:
                          He can go fuck himself to be honest. This dude sent me a PM telling me I'm a piece of shit so the gloves are off at this point.
                          Yeah!
                          Punch him through the computer monitor!!!
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            Yeah!
                            Punch him through the computer monitor!!!
                            Actually it's hard to type with gloves on so I had to take them off to send these messages

Comment

• Fuck Yeah Internet warzzzz

\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2
                              See more on Know Your Meme}

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                                A lot of Ross problems on defense are related to Casey's defensive scheme. He is being overly aggressive on close outs and BKN is blowing by him. Casey should relax the defense and make the Nets shoot. Three Nets players are shooting 50% because they can just blow by on close outs or pump fake fouls.Give the Nets space make them shoot.DD and Lowry are having D problems too.

I can possibly buy into this. But let's not forget that both Paul pierce and KG are old school and actual good shooters from midrange, despite that shot dying in today's game. I think id rather take my chances with leaving lebron open for midrange shots rather than PP or KG. Even dWill is particularly deadly from midrange at least on the right side.

Comment

Working...
                                X