Everything Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    I wonder how this will make pro-Ujiri but anti-Casey fans feel.

Do you trust Ujiri's decision to retain Casey? Or does he lose the Mesiah nickname?
    Only the future will determine that.

I am sure now that they made it to the playoffs, expectations have increased for next season.

We shell see how well Casey does now with expectations.

Comment

• The nightmare continues.... lose to the Nets, re-sign overrated one-way coach.

If Lowry walks, I swear to god I am done. This time I really mean it. Really. Please. Someone make it stop.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
        Only the future will determine that.

I am sure now that they made it to the playoffs, expectations have increased for next season.

We shell see how well Casey does now with expectations.
        not necessarily. growth doesnt have to be linear and MU knows that.

Comment

• Random, but can someone please post the gif of Casey swearing after a bad defensive play from earlier this season? The one where he goes "FUCK...................................SHIT"

That never fails to make me smile.

Comment

• I believe in Masai. Good coach deserves reward. Doesn't necessarily mean he's the coach of the future, but if he can't get it done, someone else will.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              The nightmare continues.... lose to the Nets, re-sign overrated one-way coach.

If Lowry walks, I swear to god I am done. This time I really mean it. Really. Please. Someone make it stop.
              Can we get this man a Tony Award for his Dramatic Performance?! Bravo!

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                I wonder how this will make pro-Ujiri but anti-Casey fans feel.

Do you trust Ujiri's decision to retain Casey? Or does he lose the Mesiah nickname?
                If there is an internal struggle between Masai and anyone, he will kill the opposition and eat them.

Masai always wins.

And this way I don't need to edit my Avatar. Casey remains as Captain B.J.Hunnicutt. MD.
                Last edited by Joey; Mon May 5, 2014, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• Ugh... Really not happy about this. At least it's only a 3 year deal. I was really worried this team played just well enough that we "had" to keep Casey. My worries came true.

Anyways, I'm still really excited for the draft and next season. I don't think we'll make the improvements we could have made had we gotten a new coach, but I still think this team will get better with a few roster tweaks and some development from our young guys. The Atlantic division will be between us and Brooklyn next year, and a legit rivalry is born. Fuck Brooklyn.

Comment

• Not a perfect coach. At times, his decision making boggles the mind. But, players seem to respect him so there is clearly more than meets the eye. Hoping we get a reliable bench for Casey to use now.

Comment

• For the sake of my own mental well-being + general quality of life, I'm going to choose to believe that Masai knows what he's doing.
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          This is something that I think gets too often overlooked by critics. Casey struggles in games to make adjustments and be creative. He can fail at rotations and when to call a timeout.

But he clearly has good relationships with his players and staff. Everyone clearly wanted to come into work everyday and get better as a team. That is a critical part of coaching and happens off the court, behind the scenes. You can have a brilliant tactician who can't develop that, where guys tune out the coach, and don't want to work hard. Where you're lucky if there are any hard practices in the regular season, and where relationships are all messed up with nobody wanting to be respectful and accountable with each other.
                          Agreed, one of the hardest jobs in the NBA is keeping egos in check and getting a good relationship with players. Xs and Os are great, but at the end of the day that hole in Casey's ability can be masked by assistant coaches or great players. A messed up locker room on the other hand can kill a team, just look at the Pacers now.

Comment

• Can't wait til the team hits a rough stretch next season and the pitchforks come out for Casey
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              Oh my goodness. Soooo dramatic you guys. :P

Should you not then adjust your signature?

MACK11 wrote:
                              "If I can survive through Rudy Gay and Andrea Bargnani, I can survive anything"

- Me
                              Clearly DC is takes the cake over Rudy and Andrea.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X