The Walking Dead *SPOILER ALERT-INCLUDING COMICS*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
    I had a Haitian french teacher and he honestly believed in Zombies. He told all these horrifying stories of family members turned into walking dead vegetables. They didn't eat brains but they could be taught to weave baskets. No jokes.

I love the genre as well. The last two movies I saw were Zombieland and Fido. Both pretty entertaining.

I hadn't heard about walking dead, so I'm putting it on my Zip list now. Thanks
    Yup I know a few Haitians and they believe in some weird shit man, my boy fully believes voodoo.

Zombieland, now there's one of the better zombie movies of late. Best scene has got to be the Bill Murray/Ghostbusters re-enactment-hilarious! Def worth a watch.

Comment

MakoShark wrote: View Post
      I thought the series was good overall but the season finale was a bit boring. waited 50 minutes for a pretty crappy special effects explosion.
      when i saw the explosion and it was kind fo quite after i couldn't help but recite the peter griffin line "Holy crap.... did anybody else feel that?"

haha,classic.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

finally got around to watching the finale.

YA... that explosion... LOL

fingers crossed for a bigger budget in season 2.

Comment

they getting 13 episodes next season and I totally predicted when the short hair lady said use the grenade, lol
          NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

amazing show. was hyped up about it when i first found out about it about a month before the premiere. always been a big zombie genre fan (especially the resident evil video game franchise, 28 days later, dawn/shaun of the dead). the premiere was incredible. one of the best pieces of tv ever (up there with certain episodes of lost, carnivale, etc). i wasn't impressed with the finale though. it felt very lackluster, for the last episode. i dunno maybe i'm just used to big season finales. i'm still looking forward to season 2 though.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
              amazing show. was hyped up about it when i first found out about it about a month before the premiere. always been a big zombie genre fan (especially the resident evil video game franchise, 28 days later, dawn/shaun of the dead). the premiere was incredible. one of the best pieces of tv ever (up there with certain episodes of lost, carnivale, etc). i wasn't impressed with the finale though. it felt very lackluster, for the last episode. i dunno maybe i'm just used to big season finales. i'm still looking forward to season 2 though.
              was it 13 episodes or 16?

i also heard, that season two aint starting until october 26th, ten months away is good in a way as it gives more people, more time to find out about it. But, i mean it might be a bit too long where most of us just totally forget about it.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

it's based on a comic book, so you if you want your fix waiting for the new season, you could always pick up the graphic novels.

hopefully, they pull a true blood and dont stay true to the books.. only use them as a jumping off point

i've never read the books, but they've been highly praised

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                  it's based on a comic book, so you if you want your fix waiting for the new season, you could always pick up the graphic novels.

hopefully, they pull a true blood and dont stay true to the books.. only use them as a jumping off point

no, I have a buddy/acquintance that reads the comics and says that quite a few of the people aren't in the comic and that what he expects to happen next in the show, cause it's in the comic, it doesn't always happen, and it usually happens with a twist.

for example, the guy who is supposed to be rick's best friend and who was screwing around with his wife, who's name escapes me right now,actually dies in like the 4th issue of the comic.

they want to keep everyone guessing including everyone who has read the comic.

Comment

FYI to anyone who is a fan of the show and zombies in general, they are re-releasing the comic series from the first issue. Actually they have been releasing each issue on a weekly basis and I think the last was issue #7.

I have picked up 1-6 so far and I gotta say for someone who has not picked up a comic in about 15 years, this series rocks! I'm a zombie freak in the first place, but still, I didn't expect to be so impressed and into the comic. The writing is good. I am impressed by the ability of the writer to set the tone and atmosphere. This series def has a Romero-esque feel to it. And the art (black and white w/ grey tones) is just amazing!

I highly recommend this series to all. Check it out. For those that live in the T-dot, 1million comics @ Yonge and Wellseley is a good spot as is Silver Snail @ Queen and Peter.

Comment

Been reading these too. I'm not into comics but the show is so good I wanted to see what it was based on. Good reading.

Comment

I've watched a couple episodes, only came out a few months ago here!

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                          where do you live?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Been reading these too. I'm not into comics but the show is so good I wanted to see what it was based on. Good reading.
                            Yup. That's exactly why I picked up the comic. Def a good read. So far it seems that the comic is used as a jumping off point for the tv series, as there are major differences between the two. Some for the better and some for not.

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                            Well yeah...I believe the show only debuted in the new year. But I could be wrong.

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post

I highly recommend this series to all. Check it out. For those that live in the T-dot, 1million comics @ Yonge and Wellseley is a good spot as is Silver Snail @ Queen and Peter.

Million comix is my favourite comic store in the city. They sell all their books at the U.S. prices

Comment

Million comix is my favourite comic store in the city. They sell all their books at the U.S. prices
                                Yeah I've set up a pull list there for the Walking Dead series. I live a ways away so rather than coming in every week to make sure I get the issue I'll come in like once a month.

Means I'll have to wait to read 'em ...but it saves me several trips!

and yeah i noticed that they sell @ US cost, they got some pretty cool gear there for my boy (and me).

Comment

Working...
                                X