Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Find It Evidently Ckear That If Pau Gasol is acquired...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Find It Evidently Ckear That If Pau Gasol is acquired...

That he is not spending a full season here. If hes not gone by february, he is by next season.

Bargnani would be ridded of in this trade for Pau and Pau could garner quite the cage of crabs come February.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

LBF wrote: View Post
    That he is not spending a full season here. If hes not gone by february, he is by next season.

Bargnani would be ridded of in this trade for Pau and Pau could garner quite the cage of crabs come February.
    I agree. I think we need to go rebuild mode again. Get picks prospects and keep players like Davis, Ross, Derozan, Valanciunas. Im still not even sure about Lowry because he may be gone after next year.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
      I agree. I think we need to go rebuild mode again. Get picks prospects and keep players like Davis, Ross, Derozan, Valanciunas. Im still not even sure about Lowry because he may be gone after next year.
      +1. I have a feeling there's a good chance Lowry re-signs here though. If we are able to attract him by; being a core piece, the point guard for the future, run this team's offense for years to come, and able to negotiate a solid contract for both sides, it could work. Not to mention his good relationship with Alvin Williams, and the potential of our back-court of Derozan/Lowry.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        +1. I have a feeling there's a good chance Lowry re-signs here though. If we are able to attract him by; being a core piece, the point guard for the future, run this team's offense for years to come, and able to negotiate a solid contract for both sides, it could work. Not to mention his good relationship with Alvin Williams, and the potential of our back-court of Derozan/Lowry.
        At this point, the "good chance" Lowry re-signs feels more like a faint prayer, IMO. He's going to get offers from multiple teams, all looking for a long-term solution to their PG troubles. I don't see a friendship with Boogie being enough to put up with the mess that is the Raptors right now.

But then again, a lot can happen between now and summer of 2014. It starts with Colangelo seeing the door.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          At this point, the "good chance" Lowry re-signs feels more like a faint prayer, IMO. He's going to get offers from multiple teams, all looking for a long-term solution to their PG troubles. I don't see a friendship with Boogie being enough to put up with the mess that is the Raptors right now.

But then again, a lot can happen between now and summer of 2014. It starts with Colangelo seeing the door.
          But when will this occur if ever?

Comment

I don't know, I think if Gasol is acquired, it's at least as good a chance that he'll live out his contract in Toronto. There would have to be a pretty sweet deal with young players and picks to make it worth trading him instead of just letting his contract expire.

Comment

Its been reported that the T'Wolves really want Gasol. If the Raptors/Lakers don't use them as a third team then I would not be opposed to flipping Gasol to the Wolves for Williams and a first rounder or something. Not sure Williams fills a need (3/4 tweener isn't ideal), but it is more assets to have.

Comment

Firstly, A player of Williams caliber or potential is never going to be rejected.

Secondly, this team is shit as fuck. The only need they dont need to fill is to be shit as fuck shit. In other words, this team needs everything.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Lakers lose again tonight to Cleveland. Coming Mitch Kupchak pick up BC's calls.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                    I actually disagree - I think the reason you're not hearing many other names for Gasol is that finding a trading partner for a contract that large is extremely tough to do. Then you have to consider his market; if you're going to move him in the final year of his deal, then are you going to find a fringe contender with 20 mil in assets that a rebuilding team is going to want? At best you're looking at taking back a large contract and an unprotected pick or a young player looking for more money than their team is willing to give them.

Don't get me wrong, I'd still make the trade simply because I don't know what else you'd get for Bargs and it'd at least allow us to be competitive in the short term and ensure this year's pick heads to OKC. But the downside is that if you're going to flip Pau anyway, he might help get you enough wins at the start of next year to snooker a full on tank job.

Comment

The reason Pau isn't getting a lot of offers for him or at least one variable. He plays for the lakers and he hasn't been playing the greatest. He's overshadowed by Kobe,Dwight...Steve.

He's the only star on the raptors. If he plays a bit better, he's got that whole good player on crap team going for him, trade value increases.

Plus, It's december not March. Everyone's settled in for the holidays and than once the new year rolls around, things start to pick up again.

There are always teams that are in contention february/march that are looking for that extra push and want to make a splash.

Pau's value could take flight by february.

Comment

Working...
                      X