No announcement yet.

Could Jennings Up DeRozans Game ??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Jennings Up DeRozans Game ??????

I got to thinking how we could better match up a PG with DeRozan to get his full potential out of him and the best match for me seems to be Brandon Jennings......grew up playing together, complimentary games......could we work out a deal that works for both of us.

Ok so stay with me because this is a long journey but in the end if all the pieces fell into place it would be a win-win -win - win -win for all of us

Use our TPE on Chris Anderson and Corey Brewer from Denver, they need to free up some cash to sign J MaGee and need to find a new home for Anderson

Sign and Trade Bayless + 3M to Chicago for CJ Watson and #30 pick

Toronto gets Okafor (NOH) , Ariza (NOH) and Jennings (MIL)

New Orleans gets Davis, James Johnson, Weems (S&T@ 1-2m) , Calderon , Anderson (DEN) + 3M. They basically get a full rotation of players for Okafor and Ariza and save a boatload of money. Davis, JJ and Weems are still young and show they have potential and Calderon gives them a quality PG that will also be a trade piece next year when his contract expires. Birdman gives them a good backup C and energy.

Milwaukee gets #10 pick (NOH) , #37 (TOR) , #57 (IND) and a #1 pick in 2013 (top 5 protected). This clears up some room to resign Iiysova and is able to reload via draft and maybe pair some picks with Gooden and see him disappear off their payroll.

Jennings (23, 3.1M) / Marshall (#8, 21, 2.1M) / CJ Watson (29, 3.4M)

DeRozan (23, 3.3M) / D. Lamb (#30, 21 , 0.9M) / Forbes (28, 1.5M)

C. Brewer (27, 3.1M) / Ariza (27, 7.6M) / Kleiza (28, 4.6M)

Bargnani (27, 10M / A Johnson (26, 6M) / Sign FA (Rebounder) Reggie Evans (2.5-3M) , (Multi-purpose) Boris Diaw (4-5M) or (Younger Project) Jordan Hill (4-5M)

Valanciunas (20, 2.8M) / Okafor (30, 13.5M)/ Magloire (34, 1M)

I think the overall dynamic would work pretty well , maybe a tweak or two but it leaves us with what I think is a solid starting 5 plus a quality bench. I kind of like the idea of bringing Reggie back if for anything just to bang with JV. Adding Jennings to the mix should open up the raptors game ALOT and with some bigs that can also run the floor it should help with the offense that was lacking last year while still having guys who can defend their positions well.

I would say run with this roster for the next 2 years and see were they take us.

Simply, I don't think Jennings is the answer.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Also, why draft a guy like Marshall to have learn from a very young pg who plays nothing like him....and who may be a better fit as a starter anyway.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
        Also, why draft a guy like Marshall to have learn from a very young pg who plays nothing like him....and who may be a better fit as a starter anyway.
        I guess I wasn't looking for a mentor for Marshall but maybe just another young option, I think Marshall could possibly be a good starter down the road but has to get adjusted to the NBA game first. Everyone keeps saying that we need to teach these young point guards how to play but honestly I think they know their game by now and just need to get comfortable with the NBA life..... Did Chicago have a mentor for Rose , Who mentored Chris Paul, D Will ?? Either you have it or you don't and I guess having 2 young point guards with non-similar playing styles is maybe a good thing.

Jennings for sure is not a pure pass first guard but he does posses skills, and ALOT of drive and determination and I honestly think that paired with Demar they may really work well.

That being said I guess you can go the "Mentor" route with a 10-12million teacher for a year or two and hope that they can mold Marshall or whatever young PG into a 2.0 version of Nash or Calderon but myself I would rather hand over the keys and see how they can drive the bus themselves....also clearing space to do other things. If Jennings was in this years draft would you think he would go as the top PG?

Comment

i like the Jennings and DeRozan combo, that would be a wicked backcourt.

Comment

I was higher on Jennings early in the year, but he just seemed to fade.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

After checking his stats, he just had a terrible February, and those 15 games really dragged his numbers down, overall he did improve his shooting and had a better assist/turnover ratio than last year as well.....but I still don't think he fits whit what we are trying to do.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Ed Davis for Jennings, plus we swap first round picks?
                We clear our log jam, get a potential starting PG, and still keep a first round pick
                They get a young Pf which they need, and get a better pick.

Comment

Hello wrote: View Post
                  Ed Davis for Jennings, plus we swap first round picks?
                  We clear our log jam, get a potential starting PG, and still keep a first round pick
                  They get a young Pf which they need, and get a better pick.
                  Not happening. We are not offering much. Jennings is all-star material. Besides they don't need a starting 4. Ilyasova has been a revelation and forced Gooden to play center.

If we can get jennings I would throw everything we have at the moment. He is better than everyone in our roster right now.

WJF wrote: View Post
                  After checking his stats, he just had a terrible February, and those 15 games really dragged his numbers down, overall he did improve his shooting and had a better assist/turnover ratio than last year as well.....but I still don't think he fits whit what we are trying to do.
                  what are we trying to do?
                  Last edited by draftedraptor; Tue May 15, 2012, 05:25 PM.

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                    Not happening. We are not offering much. Jennings is all-star material. Besides they don't need a starting 4. Ilyasova has been a revelation and forced Gooden to play center.

If we can get jennings I would throw everything we have at the moment. He is better than everyone in our roster right now.

what are we trying to do?
                    I don't think the team we have constructed at this point in time fits Jennings' style of play. Jennings likes to have the ball in his hands too much and, while improved is still a volume shooter on less than good percentages. His slight frame and lack of strength does not bode well for being an aggressive defender, so to me he has 2 strikes. I feel the team is going in the direction of solid defence with good ball movement offence.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

we haven't constructed anything right now with our current roster. Think of it as a relief tent till we can build a real house. We could salvage some players from the current roster if they are role players but there are no standouts really.

If we get Jennings, draft big and get production from BigVal we might have a plan. Jennings is a fantastic player who can be quick, effective at making his own shot and distributing the ball. borderline all-star in a PG-heavy league. I cannot ask for more.

Comment

Working...
                      X