According to Slam: Raptors among five teams to make a huge jump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
    I take the above application to have a value of 3-4 wins for our Experimental Roster, we have no idea what to expect do we? I'm going with .500 +/- 2

Cheers
    the problem with that approach is that we are likely to lose 3-4 games the same way; playing down to the level of teams below us. I think 40W-42L +/- 2 is a little more realistic... but hey everyone's guess is equally invalid!
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
      the problem with that approach is that we are likely to lose 3-4 games the same way; playing down to the level of teams below us. I think 40W-42L +/- 2 is a little more realistic... but hey everyone's guess is equally invalid!
      +1 - lol

Comment

Valuation

Go through upcoming schedule and place "W" and "L" beside each game based on your opinion. Once complete, take into account factors as West coast road swing, estimate injury for the month, breaks, back to backs.

That should work...now we just need to find a volunteer

Peace
        It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

How many teams are below us....not that many.
          It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Record ain't gonna matter much, I just hope we get to the playoffs

Although I may just be stating the obvious

TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

I'm going with 39 Wins.

Here's my rational:

- Last year we had 23 wins. With a winning percentage of 0.348.
              - Apply that to 82 games and you get 29 wins (rounded up).
              - Assume Bargnani plays at least 75 games. Add 3 wins to that count. So we are up to 32.
              - JV/Ross should add at least +1 win. That brings us up to 33.
              - Replace "lottery ball" Butler with Fields.. automatic +3 wins. That brings us to 36.
              - No tanking this year (since we don't have a pick essentially). Add +2 wins. That brings us to 38.
              - Other teams have improved as well. That's -3 wins. That brings us down to 35.
              - Lowry replacing Jose as a starter +1 wins. That brings us to 36.
              - Jose replacing Bayless as a backup... add +2 wins. That brings us to 38.
              - Add a full training camp for Casey, that should net us at least 1 win.. which brings us to 39.

I think we'll have a 39-43 record, and will either be in 8th, 9th or 10th depending on how the other teams do.

Comment

You forgot Lucas replacing Anthony Carter *shudder* +1 win

EDIT: Okay fine, +0.5 win

Comment

Don't forget to factor in +1 W since Rasual isn't around to inbound anymore.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Devil

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    I'm going with 39 Wins.

Here's my rational:

- Last year we had 23 wins. With a winning percentage of 0.348. - Apply that to 82 games and you get 29 wins (rounded up). - Assume Bargnani plays at least 75 games. Add 3 wins to that count. So we are up to 32. - JV/Ross should add at least +1 win. That brings us up to 33.
                    - Replace "lottery ball" Butler with Fields.. automatic +3 wins. That brings us to 36.
                    - No tanking this year (since we don't have a pick essentially). Add +2 wins. That brings us to 38.
                    - Other teams have improved as well. That's -3 wins. That brings us down to 35.
                    - Lowry replacing Jose as a starter +1 wins. That brings us to 36.
                    - Jose replacing Bayless as a backup... add +2 wins. That brings us to 38.
                    - Add a full training camp for Casey, that should net us at least 1 win.. which brings us to 39.

I think we'll have a 39-43 record, and will either be in 8th, 9th or 10th depending on how the other teams do.

I will play devil on this

- Last year was short with many BACKtoBACK and even BACKtoBACKtoBACK...not fair comparison
                    - I never understood a 1 player can account for a win ---you need 5 players
                    - Can you do the opposite, were a player equals losses?
                    - How does Field equal auto 3 win...like i said that formula makes no sense you need 5 on court player work as team
                    - So lack of tanking will get us only 2 wins....
                    - Other teams improving means we lose 3 ---but we also improved so I had 25 ...makes no sense
                    - But I will agree with you on the team trainning camp part

Just killing time on a Friday...not much action here at ACC parking lot

Peace

Muhammad Ali

Comment

I hope we have the same cheer leading squad and the same mascot...that should get us +2 wins

So sad

Muhammad Ali

Comment

- How does Field equal auto 3 win...like i said that formula makes no sense you need 5 on court player work as team

It's not Fields giving us the wins, it's because Butler impacted us so negatively that his removal netted us 3

Comment

I will play devil on this

- Last year was short with many BACKtoBACK and even BACKtoBACKtoBACK...not fair comparison
                          - I never understood a 1 player can account for a win ---you need 5 players
                          - Can you do the opposite, were a player equals losses?
                          - So lack of tanking will get us only 2 wins....
                          - Other teams improving means we lose 3 ---but we also improved so I had 25 ...makes no sense
                          - But I will agree with you on the team trainning camp part

Just killing time on a Friday...not much action here at ACC parking lot

Peace
                          This is all hypothetical.. just playing.. No idea what is going to happen, and my justification was just made out of jest. But I do think 1 player can make a difference.. it happens all the time in the NBA. It's probably the only team sport where one player can make a radical difference in net wins and losses.

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                            It's not Fields giving us the wins, it's because Butler impacted us so negatively that his removal netted us 3
                            Yup.. that's what I was thinking. It's the loss of Butler rather than the addition of Fields that will positively impact the squad.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                              Well... ?
                              I quit my job. Had to buck the odds
                              i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

pillowmint wrote: View Post
                                I quit my job. Had to buck the odds
                                I trust you quit for something better....if yes, congrats and all the best

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Working...
                                X