Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vince carter: "i love toronto to this day"

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/2012/11/..._replace_that/

WOW. Really TERRIFIC interview ^ conducted by Tim & Sid with VC.

It's almost seething (his regret of leaving TDot) now that VC openly & candidly reflects about his long NBA career, how much his days in Toronto meant to him and how (if he could magically turn back the hands of time) obvious it is that if he could do it over again, he'd most likely do it different. It's not like you can change the past, and even though he won't admit it word for word (likely because of ego) it's so damn obvious that he wishes he never left, now that he can look back and see how it all played out for him. "My career highs all come in that uniform... nothing can replace that..."

Classic sports tragedy. I guess this was the case of the anti-legend, the antithesis of Kobe and LeBron and all of the other all-time greats who had the character to figure out how to accentuate & sustain their success by building on their previous failures. I still remember watching that game against the Sixers where we were a shot away from the Eastern Conference Finals.

It'll always remain, both in our minds and his, a story of what could have been... its sad to say this guy was the best player in franchise history, but thus far, it's the hard truth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKyFjhuGIOg
    Vince Carter
    71.11%
    Chris Bosh
    2.22%
    Kyle Lowry... B*TCH!!
    26.67%
    Last edited by bhattmagandhi; Tue Nov 6, 2012, 06:28 PM.
    "Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That's true about the game, and in some ways about life too." ~ Michael Jordan
    ------------------------------------------
    "Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy." ~ Dale Carnegie

Vince Carter needs to fall in a pit and die
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      Vince Carter needs to fall in a pit and die
      I used to feel that way too, but I'm over it. The dude is human, he f*cked it up here in TDot with the Raptors. It was an ugly, public divorce that we'll never forget. But he's still the most prolific player we ever had. He put us on the map in the basketball world man. It sucks how it all went down, but he was the most talented Raptors player of all-time. Bar none.
      "Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That's true about the game, and in some ways about life too." ~ Michael Jordan
      ------------------------------------------
      "Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy." ~ Dale Carnegie

Comment

Wow. People still hatin on VC? it's been 8 years!! MOVE ON.

Carter is the greatest Raptors player of all time. No one's even close. The guy singlehandedly put us in the NBA map. His interview with John Thompson after he left was disappointing but like i said it's been 8 years. MOVE ON.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
          Wow. People still hatin on VC? it's been 8 years!! MOVE ON.

Carter is the greatest Raptors player of all time. No one's even close. The guy singlehandedly put us in the NBA map. His interview with John Thompson after he left was disappointing but like i said it's been 8 years. MOVE ON.
          first love never dies?

Comment

Think Vince will be a hall of famer? If the criteria is jersey sales, he's a lock.

Comment

fuck vince

Comment

I voted Kyle Lowry. LOL. BUT, Vince was the best raptor of all-time. No doubt.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Haha I like the Kyle Lowry option. But had to vote Vinsanity

Comment

Vince is both the greatest and worst. We had such an opportunity to grow as an organization and his lack of professionalism created an tainted image of Toronto that has taken a long time to heal.

I don't care about Vince anymore, he won't be remembered as much in the NBA other than a fierce dunker...that's the real sad part. All that talent, thrown in the garbage via attitude.
                    i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

Damon Stoudamire or Alvin... which is why I chose their successor in Lowry
                      TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Jaworski wrote: View Post
                        first love never dies?
                        Just like Jaworski right?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

maybe if majority forgives VC or let him play & retire here that will lift the losing raptors curse & we will start to be winners & contenders LOL

Comment

Calderon + Fields for Vince and Marion

Get it done, BC

Lowry/Lucas
                            DeRozan/Ross/Anderson
                            Carter/Marion/McGuire
                            Bargs/Davis/Acy
                            Val/Amir/Gray

Carter (close to 40) > Fields (anyday)

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                              Carter (close to 40) > Fields (anyday)
                              At this moment, I'd totally agree...
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                              X