Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wins comes from good 4th Quarter Coaching!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

robert parrish 00 wrote: View Post
    Casey has a huge impact on the 4th.

It's hard to win when your starters are on the bench till the 8 min mark of the 4th.
    Great point. And another thing: Why does he not do more mix and matching with the lineup in the 4th instead of leaving the entire bench on the court. Does he think this is HOCKEY where he has a 1st and 2nd line? Strange.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      How wide of a margin are we talking about here? If the Raptors are basically a .500 team (+/- 5 wins), there's a significant difference between finishing with 36 wins vs. 46 wins.

Does anyone think there's a coach out there that can get this current roster to 45 wins?
      Honestly if you compare our talent it is well above average with 2 all star calibre players and 2 potential future all stars in Vally and DeRozan. Getting to 40+ wins with this team (with minor off season tweaks) should not be a problem and if it is then something is wrong.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        Honestly if you compare our talent it is well above average with 2 all star calibre players and 2 potential future all stars in Vally and DeRozan. Getting to 40+ wins with this team (with minor off season tweaks) should not be a problem and if it is then something is wrong.
        I'm sorry, but I feel like you can't say anyone is an all-star calibre player since no one has made an all-star game. You can talk about talent or potential, but someone actually has to make an all-star game to use those words, IMO.

Might just be nitpicking, but every player we have, including Gay and Lowry (the guys I assume you mean) would still have to have their best seasons to beat their competition and make an all-star game, including the fact that such seasons would have to contribute to winning, since that's a major factor for most of their competition. Therefore they have not proven to be all-star calibre players, for even if they have the talent to be, they have not maximized it well enough yet. In such a case, you can't really separate guys like Gay and Lowry from guys like JV and Demar...they all are potential all-stars, and that's it at this point.

*And you can clearly make arguments for who's closer to being such a player, but again, still potential.
        Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Mar 20, 2013, 06:31 PM.

Comment

At the end of the day it is about talent but a Coach's role in the 4th quarter is huge. A good coach should be able to win 75% of games his team leads by 10 points after 3 quarters. Firstly, experienced players are least prone to silly mistakes so it's very important that your most experienced players are on the floor in the 4th quarter. Exceptions can be made in some situations but Caseys preference of inexperienced players(some) has lost us quite a few games. Secondly, some bad decisions have resulted in teams coming back to beat us. Casey is not bad but Raps. need a new Coach.
          Last edited by Eric Akshinthala; Thu Mar 21, 2013, 08:54 AM.
          Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
            At the end of the day it is about talent but a Coach's role in the 4th quarter is huge. A good coach should be able to win 75% of games his team leads by 10 points after 3 quarters. Firstly, experienced players are least prone to silly mistakes so it's very important that your most experienced players are on the floor in the 4th quarter. Exceptions can be made in some situations but Caseys preference of inexperienced players(some) has lost us quite a few games. Secondly, some bad decisions have resulted in teams coming back to beat us. Casey is not bad but Raps. need a new Coach.
            i dunno about that. casey has been pretty adamant in putting in 'experienced' players AA and JL while JV and ross up until recently never really saw 4th quarter play.

When have we ever lost a game due to inexperienced players in the 4th?

Comment

i liked the inbounds play to amir the other night.. one of many fails

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                i dunno about that. casey has been pretty adamant in putting in 'experienced' players AA and JL while JV and ross up until recently never really saw 4th quarter play.

When have we ever lost a game due to inexperienced players in the 4th?
                Neither Lucas nor Anderson should play in dieing minutes of games. They cannot be considered experienced. Players who know "what not to do" are players who should be on the floor in 'crucial' minutes. Barring exceptional situations Lowry(for lack of a better option) Derozan, Fields, Gay and Amir should be 4th quarter(especially late 4th quarter) players.

As far as when we've lost due to such decisions is concerned, I don't have statistics and I'm lazy to look it up. Apologies.
                Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Working...
                X