Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demar loves Houston.

Second half of the season.

First game back. @ Houston against the Rockets.

Demar Derozan is picking it up. Remember last year? 37 points, the game that fueled him the rest of the season.

Maybe this is a game where he just does it again. Thoughts?
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

i was dreaming of him dropping 40 but idk. I hope Bargs is back

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      Yeah I would dream of him to do that too! :P

I want Bargs back, but maybe it's best to have him 100% rather than play less, because of the state of our season. We aren't making the playoffs.

Comment

I wish he loved Allan Houston enough to model his game after him. huh, huh. Did you see that guy shooting last night? We need a SHOOTING guard. Kidding aside, I think DeMar has been awesome in the last 10 or more games and I hope he continues to play to his strengths. I predict 26 pts, 3 rebounds, 3 assists.

I hope we wait on Bargnani, make sure he is 100% and then ease him in to putting in big minutes. Maybe play 10min. the first game, then 15 and so on. Keep in mind we are trying to get a franchise player in the draft this year.
        Last edited by saints91; Sun Feb 26, 2012, 11:59 AM.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
          I wish he loved Allan Houston enough to model his game after him. huh, huh. Did you see that guy shooting last night? We need a SHOOTING guard. Kidding aside, I think DeMar has been awesome in the last 10 or more games and I hope he continues to play to his strengths. I predict 26 pts, 3 rebounds, 3 assists.

I hope we wait on Bargnani, make sure he is 100% and then ease him in to putting in big minutes. Maybe play 10min. the first game, then 15 and so on. Keep in mind we are trying to get a franchise player in the draft this year.
          Yeah Agree with all your points and predictions except....

I don't know about drafting a franchise player, drafting a high potential talent that will contribute right away, maybe. But, I don't know, franchise players to me for T.O seem very overrated nowadays, I think we want to follow the steps of Indiana, or Philly, Denver. With very good balanced teams with a shoulder to lean on. Maybe that shoulder is Bargnani, Demar, Valanciunas, the upcoming draft pick, whatever it is, we aren't getting a franchise player. (Oh how I would loved to be proved wrong)

I'm a realist. But good points otherwise.

Comment

You are right it's not guaranteed that we will get a franchise player. It is a possibility though. With proper scouting we should get a player that can be a starter and contribute at a high level.

I don't know where we will be drafting this year. Our record should improve with Bargnani back in the line up and DeMar getting in the grove again. But, I can also see the Hornets improving with Gordon returning, New Jersey with Lopez back. We could still land in the top 4.

Comment

He should model his game after Clyde Drexler

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                You are right it's not guaranteed that we will get a franchise player. It is a possibility though. With proper scouting we should get a player that can be a starter and contribute at a high level.

I don't know where we will be drafting this year. Our record should improve with Bargnani back in the line up and DeMar getting in the grove again. But, I can also see the Hornets improving with Gordon returning, New Jersey with Lopez back. We could still land in the top 4.
                Bargnani & Demar can get us as far as the 7th spot. Other than that Valanciunas is an UP AND COMING talent, he's not going to be anchoring the defense as well as guys like Bynum/Howard/Perkins.
                We need a point guard that can push us to another level, Jose is a very good point guard, but unless you have a star producer on BOTH ends of the floor, it's not gonna happen. I don't think I need to talk about our need for a small forward being the only threads I see are about Chandler, Gilchrist or Barnes.

Comment

He should model his game after Clyde Drexler
                  I can see that, but you can tell he's going after Kobe Bryant. Those shake and shimmies, and all those moves he has are a model of the greatest player of this era.

Comment

This is the first night of a back-to-back ... if they want to ease Bargs back, then the next night at New Orleans could work for a debut WIN
                    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                      This is the first night of a back-to-back ... if they want to ease Bargs back, then the next night at New Orleans could work for a debut WIN
                      true that

Comment

We're halfway through the season its about goddamn time he showed up
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

So...
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Eh. 17 points, but he was pretty aggressive. More aggressive than he's been throughout the whole season. Jose looked him off a bunch tonight though.

Ed Davis really impressed me. 15 boards tonight, didn't get those garbage points, but he really played hard.

Ended up being a respectable game.

Comment

Working...
                            X