PG options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    This is nothing short of a heist for the Raptors. I mean we can criticize BC all we want, but Morey wins the wtf? award for off-season moves.

I mean look at their failures..

1. Tried to trade for a 10 top lottery pick ..fail.
    2. Tries to go all in for Howard, fails horribly.
    3. Trades their starting centre for three Milwaukee scrubs.
    4. Replaces their starting centre, by overpaying for Chicago's back-up centre.
    5. Fails to re-sign dragic, and hope to replace him by overpaying for lin (who they let-go last season).
    6. Trades Lowry to Toronto for junk.

Houston wins the clusterfuck roster of the year award.
    7. NYK matches offer for Lin. (Well, it's only logical now after they signed Kidd)

Checkmate.

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
      7. NYK matches offer for Lin. (Well, it's only logical now after they signed Kidd)

Checkmate.
      Yeah I was just on a Rockets forum and it is safe to say he is hated. There were maybe one or two people who said they did not want him fired, then a slew of people who want him dead.

Also on that Rockets forum, one of their more popular threads today was about how successful the Toronto Raptors will be next year. Who said Nash was the only way for us to be relevant?

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
        Yeah I was just on a Rockets forum and it is safe to say he is hated. There were maybe one or two people who said they did not want him fired, then a slew of people who want him dead.

Also on that Rockets forum, one of their more popular threads today was about how successful the Toronto Raptors will be next year. Who said Nash was the only way for us to be relevant?
        Can you share the link? Just curious to read it.
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          I think it is in the team's best interests to move on from Calderon.

I really pity the guy. Everyone wants to feel wanted and a sense of belonging. I can't see how he could even pretend to feel that way. At this point, I can't blame him if he turns sour.

He is a standup individual and a solid NBA citizen. Quite frankly, he deserves better.

Things are getting interesting in Rocketville. They are making the offer to Lin and the Knicks are trying to sign and trade for Felton.

I like Lowry in Toronto. Between a strong coach who is a good motivator and communicator and Alvin Williams in the shadows, Lowry seems to be the best option for Toronto.

So back to Houston, if the rumours are true, they need to clear cap space to make this offer to Lin and Asik. Asik is 3 years and $25M. Lin is 3 and $25 or 4 and $31 depending on who you believe. Let lets just say the average is $8.5M for simplicity sake.
          I agree with you, Jose deserves better.

I believe the Rickets will love Asik at $25M for 3 years if he can stay out of foul trouble as Omer is a great defensive presence. But Jeremy Lin at $31 for 4 years is shooting for the stars while wearing a blindfold in my opinion; proof that Linsanity is an attractive financial option for some owners.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
            Can you share the link? Just curious to read it.
            Here is the thread. Not too many interesting responses, but from what I gather an 8th seed is where they think we are at.

Comment

Thank you, and now... I shall read

Comment

I found one thing pretty funny, that those guys have even bigger hype towards JV than some Raptors fans.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                  I found one thing pretty funny, that those guys have even bigger hype towards JV than some Raptors fans.
                  Yeah but kind of sad they compared the raps to the pistons...

Comment

Well, lets see the bright side, this thread is pretty popular up there, and they are debating of Toronto being playoff team with way more talent.

Comment

I wish we could have that kind of optimism with Calderon, reading RealGM makes me sick to my stomach most of the time
                      TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

I was just reading through the Rockets forums and I can across a post that killed me with laughter - thought I'd share

"
                        Originally Posted by Aruba77
                        We should have done better on Lowry. I don't like losing Lee and Dragic for nothing either. I'm praying that Morey doesn't piss away our rebuild before we have a chance to see what we have in our young talent. I could get excited about Linsanity, White, and Lamb."

If we lose Dragic and Lee for nothing, trade away Lowry for peanuts, and both Asik and Lin are matched, how can Les justify keeping Morey? That's a pretty impressive run of fail, right there."

Totally ripped them off on that deal hahaha BC made up for himself.. good job! LOL

Comment

I would like to hear what the houston GM has to say about the Lowry trade. They lost dragic and courtney lee and there are no standout PGs out there in free agency with Nash and Dwill gone. Why would he trade Lowry whose numbers have steadily improved over years for a protected first rounder?

I can imagine two likely scenarios
                          - he doesn't rate Lowry and thinks someone else is better going forward
                          - they are tanking this season

Here is the free agent PG list (bold : possible move for Houston):
                          Jason Kidd
                          Ramon Sessions
                          Nate robinson
                          Kirk Hinrich
                          Derek fisher
                          Bayless (likely to stay)
                          Arenas
                          Jeremy Lin
                          Lou williams
                          Aaron Brooks
                          Raymon Fat-on
                          Andre Miller
                          Jameer Nelson (likely to re-sign)
                          DJ augustin
                          Billups (likely to re-sign)

I would be very interested in knowing what they can offer for a pure PG like Calderon.

Comment

Working...
                          X