Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When It Comes To Lowry, Eating Crow Isn't So Bad After All.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Kyle Lowry is playing his type of game. This is second time KLow has been able to play his game. First time was the first 3 games of the season last year. We know what happened he got injured and than Calderon happened. He had to adapt his game to being a back PG. When Calderon got traded Rudy had arrived. Once again Kyle had to adapt his game. This is the longest stretch where his been let lose to play to his strength.

I'm not surprised at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed. This is why so many of us complained he'd been neutered last year. After losing his job to Jose, he was expected to be a passive, past-first point guard instead who dished to Rudy and Dear for isos.

With Rudy gone there was a serious hole in our scoring and being able to take more shots has upped Lowry's engagement. His FGA's are up (9.6 to 11.8 as starter) and he's taken over as team leader. His game looks pretty much the same as Houston Lowry except with more swing passes, which I suspect is the work of Nick Nurse and his offense.

I do think his attitude is much improved, though. I'm most impressed with his mentorship of Val. He always seems to be teaching him and encouraging him.

Lowry has always been a winner. Now his competitive nature isn't just fiery aggression, it's mature positivity too.

Comment

Just a month ago we were criticizing Lowry here for shouting at JV during games. Now it seems like everybody loves Kyle.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
        Just a month ago we were criticizing Lowry here for shouting at JV during games. Now it seems like everybody loves Kyle.
        Don't speak for all of us.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Don't speak for all of us.

Geez. You need to calm down lol. It's not a serious tweet.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Geez. You need to calm down lol. It's not a serious tweet.
            My bad forgot to add "lol". I wasn't serious either.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

I'm still DQ'ing you Doc because you were on Tank Nation and now your back peddling. #MessiahUjiri

But Yes.
              Lowry is the head of the snake.

DeMar is the heart that beats.
              Last edited by drunkmunky; Tue Jan 14, 2014, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Yep. His on-court body language/communication has been better though in this stretch. Maybe better than it's ever been in his career (probably, really). It's about method as much as it is about message, because you use the wrong method and the message gets lost.

Comment

And then you have this:

Report: Warriors Passed On Kyle Lowry Due To Locker Room Concerns. Source
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

wow, that hurt..hard^^^
                    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Media just wants to piss on Raptor fans with reminders that our main guy was an inch from being traded, twice

Comment

wallz wrote: View Post
                        Media just wants to piss on Raptor fans with reminders that our main guy was an inch from being traded, twice
                        Man, Do I hope your right, but I doubt it.
                        but it doesnt make sense why's Ujiri trying to trade him why?? why would you do that he debuted the MVP ladder he's in the allstar conversation, He picked up him game and took it to a whole different level. His maturity and the way he handled everything why would you still put him up.
                        not only that why wouldn't GS want him looool who wouldn't want him, locker room concerns my A....
                        What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                        The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                          Man, Do I hope your right, but I doubt it.
                          but it doesnt make sense why's Ujiri trying to trade him why?? why would you do that he debuted the MVP ladder he's in the allstar conversation, He picked up him game and took it to a whole different level. His maturity and the way he handled everything why would you still put him up.
                          not only that why wouldn't GS want him looool who wouldn't want him, locker room concerns my A....
                          I think their interest in Lowry was pre-MVP Lowry

Comment

wallz wrote: View Post
                            I think their interest in Lowry was pre-MVP Lowry
                            Report: Warriors Passed On Kyle Lowry Due To Locker Room Concerns
                            Jan 14, 2014 5:16 PM EST
                            it was around three hours ago :'( why they gotta do that to us

Comment

Lowry is just an interesting cat. When he first arrived he was all about forcing the issue, gambling too much on defense and taking charge of the team, then he changes his game and becomes strictly a facilitator when the "wish Lowry was more like Jose" talk started, then completely defers to DeMar and Gay and then changes his game once again to become this perfect blend of facilitator, scorer, defender, and leader. Changing your game is such a difficult thing to do but he does it so easily. Truly a talented cat.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                                Lowry is just an interesting cat. When he first arrived he was all about forcing the issue, gambling too much on defense and taking charge of the team, then he changes his game and becomes strictly a facilitator when the "wish Lowry was more like Jose" talk started, then completely defers to DeMar and Gay and then changes his game once again to become this perfect blend of facilitator, scorer, defender, and leader. Changing your game is such a difficult thing to do but he does it so easily. Truly a talented cat.
                                Funny how they want Andre Miller as the backup. The same player that chewed Denver's coaching staff. Yet they want to soil Kyle. He's no angel, but his work on court cannot be denied.
                                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                                X