The Bench....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

p00ka wrote: View Post
    That's funny, because NOBODY is down to an 8 man rotation at this point. In fact, last night is quite typical: out of 16 teams playing, the number of players used:
    1 team of 12
    6 teams of 11
    6 teams of 10
    3 teams of 9
    0 teams of 8

And that doesn't touch on Casey having an evolving door of an available roster all year long, coupled with huge changes in available bodies since the Gay trade and Andrea's return. It's almost like starting from scratch in terms of figuring out which combinations work best in given situations. This team has so many new faces this year that it will take a year or two of continuity and familiarity with each other before a tight 8 man rotation can/should be decided upon.
    *sigh* We don't literally mean that the 8 players are the only players that play, just the only ones who should weigh down any significant amount of minutes. Go back, and check the minutes of those other players that played. I guarantee you on that 1 team that played 12 guys, don't have more than 9 guys playing 15+ minutes.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

That's funny, because NOBODY is down to an 8 man rotation at this point. In fact, last night is quite typical: out of 16 teams playing, the number of players used:
      1 team of 12
      6 teams of 11
      6 teams of 10
      3 teams of 9
      0 teams of 8

And that doesn't touch on Casey having an evolving door of an available roster all year long, coupled with huge changes in available bodies since the Gay trade and Andrea's return. It's almost like starting from scratch in terms of figuring out which combinations work best in given situations. This team has so many new faces this year that it will take a year or two of continuity and familiarity with each other before a tight 8 man rotation can/should be decided upon.
      Pretty sure the Lakers are playing an 8-man rotation because they need every win to make the playoffs and are basically playing play-off basketball. The Raps are in a similar situation (with much much less pressure mind you) and so using a shorter rotation would make sense if making the play-offs are the goal.

I personally don't think play-offs are the #1 goal. (Developing and acquiring) talent is priority #1. Since all meaningful moves are done this year, development is the only way to improve. Making the playoffs is a nice short term prize, but being a better team next year and beyond is more important. The fact that we are even in the playoff discussion and will have meaningful games down the stretch are good enough for me in the W-L column this year. Next year, Ross will need to be a bigger part of the rotation for the team to be in the thick of things. They need his shooting and sitting on the pine, gaining no confidence or experience isn't going to get his game going.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

1 team of 12
        6 teams of 11
        6 teams of 10
        3 teams of 9
        0 teams of 8

Hey look, it's DumbassKicker using his old (new) pseudonym again! Welcome back!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Hey look, it's DumbassKicker using his old (new) pseudonym again! Welcome back!
          Don't have a basketball related response to a rebuttal of your claim, so back to a bitchy little snit. Typical.

PS. One last time. i changed my name over there because some clown was using my old one, and posting racist, homophobic, and dumbass comments. I couldn't stop it, so went a route that would avoid that happening. Is that okay for you, snitty weasel?
          Last edited by p00ka; Wed Feb 27, 2013, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Don't have a basketball related response to a rebuttal of your claim, so back to a bitchy little snit. Typical.
            You were already proven wrong by using boxscores to determine rotations. There was nothing more I needed to say.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
              *sigh* We don't literally mean that the 8 players are the only players that play, just the only ones who should weigh down any significant amount of minutes. Go back, and check the minutes of those other players that played. I guarantee you on that 1 team that played 12 guys, don't have more than 9 guys playing 15+ minutes.
              Well, using that 15 minute benchmark of yours, the Raps' recent rotations have been 8 with 10 players used, 7 when 9 players used, 7 with 11 players used, 8 with 10 players used, 8 with 10 players used.................etc, with most of these "extra players" putting in 5-6 minutes. What do you know? Just like the rest of the league,,,,,, not unlike "most of the league".

Comment

I think you can have it both ways. You play Ross with the goal of making the playoffs, if you can't do it with him in the line up then so be it. Although I'm of the opinion that the raps aren't going to make the playoffs no matter what they do.

I'm too lazy to try to track down the source but a study of nba player performance indicates that the best predictor of success for a player is how many minutes they get, not where they were drafted, or what kind of stats they are put up as rookies. If you want him to be good you have to play him. If that means we don't win games so be it. I'm not saying he has to play 48, or even 24, but he's got to see between 10-15 minutes.

Try to win the games, try to make the playoffs, but get ross his 10-15.
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

You were already proven wrong by using boxscores to determine rotations. There was nothing more I needed to say.
                  Nothing proven wrong, but keep talking out of your other orifice. It's enjoyable to see the diahrea spouting from you.

Comment

+1
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

It's enjoyable to see the diahrea spouting from you.
                      You like looking at diarrhea?
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                        Yes. One can learn a lot about the butthole it's spouting from.

PS. ever heard of the term verbal diarrhea? sorry I can't draw pictures here.

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                          LOL! I'm sure there are plenty of other sites where p00ka can find what he's looking for...

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                            +1
                            How was I proven wrong? Don't be afraid. I only bite when dealing with Nilanka like weasels.

Comment

LOL! I'm sure there are plenty of other sites where p00ka can find what he's looking for...
                              Why would I go anywhere else when you're here, and worth more than enough fun.

Comment

How was I proven wrong? Don't be afraid. I only bite when dealing with Nilanka like weasels.
                                Ever heard of this team called the Lakers?

Comment

Working...
                                X