Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC: "We will be in a unique position with $12 million in cap space before the draft"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it's that easy to acquire young stars then why don't the Raptors have any?

Comment

• Jon_Wade wrote: View Post
      I personally think that Derozan and Ed or Amir is still not enough, maybe if you throw in 2013 first round pick too although that would be worth having a line-up of:

Calderon
      Beal
      Smith
      Bargnani
      Valanciunus
      Once you start talking about trading away 1st round picks and players like DeRozan, I would much rather target Gay than Smith. Gay is a year younger, more of a pure SF and is under contract for 2 more years than Smith. Plus, from what I've seen and heard about both players, I just prefer Gay as well.

Comment

• one of the gym teachers at my school said that he thinks the Raps should throw a max contract at Harden

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          one of the gym teachers at my school said that he thinks the Raps should throw a max contract at Harden
          To have the cap space to do that the Raptors would need to have a pretty quiet summer. I don't think that is going to be on the agenda for Steffi and BryCo.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            Once you start talking about trading away 1st round picks and players like DeRozan, I would much rather target Gay than Smith. Gay is a year younger, more of a pure SF and is under contract for 2 more years than Smith. Plus, from what I've seen and heard about both players, I just prefer Gay as well.
            I don't think anyone will trade for Smith without a contract extension agreed and in place.

Comment

• Just say no to Smith
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                If it's that easy to acquire young stars then why don't the Raptors have any?
                So no chance of nabbing both Smith and Eric Gorgdon then?

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  one of the gym teachers at my school said that he thinks the Raps should throw a max contract at Harden
                  I hope you were able to control yourself and did not laugh at his suggestion; your grade may depend on it!

Most observers thought the Hawks and Grizzlies were crazy to throw max money to Joe Johnson and Rudy Gay, two players who are substantially better than than James Harden. With a new more punitive CBA in place, I cannot imagine a GM stupid enough to offer James Harden anywhere close to max money.

Comment

• nah he teaches elementary gym. His suggestion is still better than my friends, he thinks we should sign Lin. Harden actually has the potential to be a multiple time all star or maybe even a superstar

Comment

I don't think anyone will trade for Smith without a contract extension agreed and in place.
                      not for anything near what he is worth. i think it would depend on how much he wants out of atlanta.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                        So no chance of nabbing both Smith and Eric Gorgdon then?
                        Slim to none.

Comment

• Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                          I hope you were able to control yourself and did not laugh at his suggestion; your grade may depend on it!

Most observers thought the Hawks and Grizzlies were crazy to throw max money to Joe Johnson and Rudy Gay, two players who are substantially better than than James Harden. With a new more punitive CBA in place, I cannot imagine a GM stupid enough to offer James Harden anywhere close to max money.
                          you lost me...how, exactly, are JJ & gay 'substantially' better than harden, right now? what has either done to support that notion?

all things being equal (by 'all things' i mean $$), is there a GM who would choose either JJ or gay over harden, if they had the choice of all 3? if there was a single player that would actually be deserving of a max (or near max) deal this summer, it's harden.
                          TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Slim to none.
                            two words too many...

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              To have the cap space to do that the Raptors would need to have a pretty quiet summer. I don't think that is going to be on the agenda for Steffi and BryCo.
                              gawd, wouldn't that be nice...a 'quiet' summer that resulted in a season starting with harden, JV & the draft pick as the only new pieces of significance.

could harden be...a PG? he tends to play a playmaker role now anyway, and that's obviously different than being an everyday starting PG. still, he's got an intriguing skillset. i wonder if there is some trepidation amongst the republic re. harden because he plays a position that isn't considered to be one of 'need' for the raptors (SG)?

Comment

• yertu damkule wrote: View Post
                                gawd, wouldn't that be nice...a 'quiet' summer that resulted in a season starting with harden, JV & the draft pick as the only new pieces of significance.
                                No, you must make as many moves as you can, preferably increasing in complexity in each instance. Colangleo is the ultimate practitioner of the Red Queen Theory - no one runs faster to stay in exactly the same place. Look for more of the same this offseason....

In any case, I see absolutely no scenario where the Thunder don't keep Harden, so this is moot. As for Harden himself, why the hell would Harden leave a team that looks like it will be a contender for the foreseeable future to come to an organization with its head firmly buried up its ass that will be in tough to make the playoffs in the Eastern Conference for the foreseeable future? For a few million more that will have absolutely zero impact on your lifestyle? Improbable.

Comment

Working...
                                X