You heard it on the radio, you seen it on the TV show. It’s time for some ball. After last year’s successful tournament (pics, videos), and eventual finalists, champs, and MVP, we’ve decided to do it again.
What: Summer Smackdown – The 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament
When: June 21st, 2015 at 9:00 AM
Cost: The cost per team is $100.
How to Sign Your Team Up
You can pay online via credit card (service charge), or send $100 via Email Money Transfer to [email protected] (make sure to send your email as well and set the password as raptors). This will reserve a spot for your team, after which we’ll follow up directly with you to get jersey sizes etc.
Rules and FAQs
- This is a 3-on-3 indoor basketball tournament with one substitute allowed, for a total of maximum four people per team. There are a maximum of 16 teams allowed
- Each team will play 3 games in a round-robin format (ends around 11:30-noon), and a minimum of one-game in the knockout round (starts at 1pm after a lunch break)
- Games are 3-on-3 in the half-court, and use a running clock of 15 minutes
- There will be an hour break for lunch after group play
- You must be 18 years of age or older to participate in the tournament
- You must have proper basketball shoes (no running shoes or sneakers are allowed)
- Again, this is a round-robin plus knockout-stage competition with each team guaranteed to play at least four games
- The deadline to submit your team for the tournament is April 10. There are only 16 spots available on a first-come, first-serve basis, and they will go fast
- This is a tournament for all skill-levels and if history is any indication, it’ll follow the normal distribution. Most of all, though, everyone is guaranteed to have a lot of fun and meet great people
- Winners and runners-up will receive prizes
- All participants receive a Raptors Republic reversible-mesh jersey
- Questions? Email [email protected]
We’d like to thank Pizza Pizza for supporting the tournament.
Once again, you can get your team in by paying $100 via Email Money Transfer to [email protected] (be sure to provide your email and set the password as raptors), or by simply paying below: