This week on The Doctor is In with Phdsteve, I have called in the boys from the world wide roundtable to talk ball and we have a discussion about all the action in NBA and NCAA while continually tying it back to the Raptors! Joined by my brother Mike (who knows college basketball), Greg Mason (the brain from the south), and Blair Miller from The Fifth Quarter Blog we discuss:
- The week that almost was as the Raps close out the West Coast road trip 2-3 before a big win vs New Orleans at home
- The SACTO loss. Was it the refs or players?
- The Clippers loss and how sometimes the better team just wins.
- And The win against NO reminds us how good Lowry is and how taking out the trash is all this team needs to do to get the 3 seed in the East.
- We close with some random thoughts on the all-star game and the upcoming trade deadline.
Then from about 30 minutes on we talk NCAA
- It’s a tribute to Iowa week! as we look deeper at both Iowa & Iowa State.
- There is a local Toronto kid not named Wiggins tearing up the NCAA and we talk about him!
- We then start our Conference previews with conference tournaments just around the corner as we preview the Big Ten and the Big 12
- The mailbag question of the week comes from @mitchymitchy4: will/should Embiid stay for a second year at Kansas?
- And the we talk about Marcus Smart and stupid fans
Quick note: no Dr Is In next week but we are back in 2 weeks time.
- Wade could miss ASG, opens a spot for Lowry?
- Toronto Raptors at the NBA All-Star Game – Box Score Lines