I have no basketball-related income, only expenses.
1. Cable TV: I only have cable because of basketball. Maybe not entirely true, but I sure have Rogers’ VIP-ultra-uber-specialty-package because of the Raptors. Around $40 bucks/month.
2. Time watching games: Four games a week, about 2 1/2 hours per game, that’s around 10 hours of basketball a week. Wow, so much when you think about it.
3. Writing for site: During the season, I average around four pieces a week or so, maybe even more, add in a Rapcast etc., and it’s another 10 hours. Minimum.
4. Fantasy basketball. I’m usually in about two leagues, one which I generally ignore because I’m getting my ass kicked by the second week of the season. The other one I usually give up on around January or February, but still keep picking just not to look like a jag-off. About 15 minutes a day.
5. Paraphernalia: Don’t buy Raptors gear much, I buy something like a toque or a scarf. Or a mug. Like, $50 a season.
6. Games cost: Rarely do I pay or go to the games, maybe four or five times a season, will likely pay for one. $50 a season.
7. Reading basketball stuff. Articles, blogs, videos, etc. At least three hours a week.
8. Watching non-Raptors games. Usually the late-night ones, around two or three game. Let’s say around 5 hours a week.
That’s all I can think of right now, so let’s add.
* adding *
Total of $580 a year, but, Assuming a 24-week season (being conservative here), it comes to 682 hours a season. That’s only a little more than one full month. I’m sure I’m missing something, but based on what I got so far, that’s not really that much time, is it?
- NBA Still Locked Out, Life Continues
- Lockout is Ending Very Soon, Get to Know Your 2011-12 Toronto Raptors