This week on The Doctor is In with Phdsteve, we explore the options for the Raptors in the upcoming draft…oh wait- the team does not own a pick and GM Masai Ujiri has fired all his scouts. Not to worry, I’ve assembled the worldwide roundtable! After losing his internet access, my brother Mike (who knows college basketball) is left voiceless in the streets of Nigeria, but that’s okay, really, as Greg Mason (our resident American and the brain from the south) from the State of Florida, and The Fifth Quarter Blog’s Blair Miller (@TFQuarter), join me to discuss:
- The NBA Finals and Manu Ginobli’s time machine!
- How has this finals shaped Lebron’s legacy and the definition of the Spurs dynasty
- How Danny Green defies the analytics of the myth of the hot hand
- A pick-less draft for the Raps but rumours have several picks being available in the first (Dal at 13, Atl at 18, Clev at 19) and second rounds. Should the Raps target a pick here? And if so who do you like?
- Any “sneaky plays” a la John Wall to be made with the teams in the lottery?
- Who are some guys to watch for in the draft that would be smart targets forthe Raptors
- Predictions for the top 5 in the upcoming draft