Raptors 905 117, Delaware Blue Coats 104 | Box Score
Two-ways: Jordan Loyd (905), Haywood Highsmith, Shake Milton (Blue Coats)
Assignment: Chris Boucher, Malcolm Miller (905), Justin Patton, Zhaire Smith (Blue Coats)
A monster double-double performance from Chris Boucher and a 24-point fourth quarter scoring effort from MiKyle McIntosh helped Raptors 905 pull away from the Delaware Blue Coats on Saturday night for a 117-104 victory as the team improved to 29-19, moving into a tie for second place in the eastern conference standings.
Boucher scored a game-high 30 points along with 17 rebounds and 6 blocked shots, while McIntosh finished with 25 points and 5 rebounds off of the bench.
Two-way player Shake Milton scored 28 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists for the Blue Coats, and Jared Brownridge added 15 points.
Jordan Loyd led all scorers after the first quarter with 11 points as the 905 took an early 25-23 lead, while Boucher was active early in the game scoring 9 points, 4 rebounds, 2 blocks and a steal after only one quarter.
With just over a minute left in the first half, a Josh Adams lob to Derek Cook Jr. gave the 905 a 52-46 lead, but Milton scored back-to-back baskets for the Blue Coats, including a 3-pointer with 4.3 seconds left to cut the lead to 52-51 heading into halftime.
Both teams continued to exchange baskets and leads coming out of the locker room. Zhaire Smith connected on an alley-oop to push the Delaware lead to 66-63, but the 905 found their rhythm after calling a timeout, recapturing the lead with a 6-0 run.
A Jordan Howard floater gave the 905 a moment of breathing room at 78-71 with 2:43 left in the third quarter, but once again the Blue Coats produced a run of their own, and a jump shot from Keenan Evans at the buzzer tied the game up at 79 a-piece heading into the final quarter.
The 905 started the fourth quarter hot on a 10-4 run before the Blue Coats called a time out only 2.5 minutes into the fourth quarter. After going scoreless in the first half, McIntosh reeled off 6 straight points in the post for the 905, and continued his dominance in the post for the 905 the rest of the game, giving the team its first double-digit lead of the game at 102-92 after scoring his 13th point of the quarter off of a hook shot. A McIntosh layup would later give the 905 its largest lead at 110-96 with 3:08 left in the game.
The 905’s remaining two games of the season will be against Lakeland Magic, who they are currently tied with for second place in the eastern conference standings.
- 905 Two-Way Notes
- Jordan Loyd notched his seventh double-double of the season, scoring 20 points and 10 rebounds after a triple-double effort this past Thursday. Loyd added 3 assists and 3 steals, while converting 9 of 10 from the free throw line.
- 905 Assignment Notes
- Chris Boucher finished with 30 points off of 11 of 18 shooting, along with 17 rebounds and 6 blocked shots. Boucher showed his range in spurts tonight and was very active early in the game, scoring 9 points, 4 rebounds, 2 blocks and a steal after only one quarter. On one possession, Boucher blocked a shot on perimeter, then led the transition finishing with a dunk. On the next defensive possession Boucher was able to alter a shot in the paint for a defensive stop. The Blue Coats had difficulty containing Boucher in the paint all evening, whether it was off of second chance baskets (he had 5 offensive rebounds), drives or off of inbounding plays.
- Malcolm Miller had a relatively quiet scoring night for the 905, recording 12 points, 4 rebounds and 3 steals.
- Other 905 notes:
- Wade Baldwin IV left the game early in the first quarter with what appeared to be an injury to his hand. No updates have been provided at the time of this writing.
- Vipers Two-Way Notes
- Haywood Highsmith had 10 points and 8 rebounds tonight. Highsmith has been averaging 12.3 points, 6.8 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game.
- Shake Milton scored 28 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists for the Blue Coats. Milton had the hot hand from downtown, scoring 5 of 9 from distance. The Southern Methodist grad looked very comfortable and patient with his shots, converting 11 of 20. Milton is averaging 24.1 points and 5.1 rebounds for Delaware.
- Vipers Assignment Notes
- Justin Patton recorded 11 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists and 3 blocks. Patton is averaging 9.1 points and 5.2 rebounds through 10 games with the Blue Coats.
- Zhaire Smith had a quiet night scoring only 2 points in 15 minutes off of the bench. Smith has averaged 5.2 points and 3.0 rebounds in six games.
- Admin note
- The 905 play again at home on Sunday. Raptors Republic readers can get a discount on tickets using the code REPUBLIC905.