Rapcasts, remember those?
PHDSteve and I chat about the lockout, contracts, the Raptors, and P90X.
- Surprised the lockout has taken an ugly turn. We shouldn’t have been.
- David Stern cancelling games in two-week chunks.
- Comparisons to the ’99 lockout.
- Who really has control in these negotiations?
- Regardless of the facts, what do the optics here look like?
- Race issue? NBA: black player, white owner. NHL: white player, white owner. Who does the “general” public relate to?
- Impact on current player and future players.
- The system and not the BRI became the issue in the negotiations.
- From a Raptors POV, if there’s a season to miss, this might be it.
- Teams that benefit and hurt from a shortened season.
- Steve argues that missing a season might actually help the rebuilding process. What?
- NBA minutes are NBA minutes, but what can you learn from them if it’s not in a structured environment?
- The Raptor who will show the most improvement under Dwane Casey. The answer will surprise you.
- This defensive big man the Raptors are targeting, is it really necessary or do we just wait for Jonas.
- If contracts are voided, how would it affect the Raptors? What options might they have?
- Hypothetical scenario. New CBA has an amnesty clause, which Raptors contract would you void? It wasn’t Bargnani or Calderon.
- Log-jam at the power forward…who’s the odd man out?
- Harrison Barnes.
- Will there be a season? Christmas Day games are the key.