This week on The Doctor is In with Phdsteve, I know you are dying for some ball talk and so we go loooong (47 minutes long)! I have called in the boys to talk ball and we have a roundtable discussion that talks about all the action in NBA while continually tying it back to the Raptors! Joined by my brother Mike (who knows college basketball), Greg Mason (the brain from the south), and The Fifth Quarter Blog’s Blair Miller, we discuss:
- OKC with and without Westbrook
- Did Sam Presti trade the wrong guy last year?
- Jonas for Harden- would you have made that deal (assuming Simmons was right in that the trade was offered)?
- The OKC model for building a franchise or…what about Indiana as a possible model for Toronto to follow?
- Are the Raps and their isolation offense more like the Knicks than we want to believe?
- Melo gets an MVP vote? Really?
- Who is coming out of the West
- Can anyone beat Miami
- Steph Curry….wow!
- and thoughts on the next steps for the Raptors.
Note: This was recorded on Tuesday.
- 100 Words: Aaron Gray
- Ex-Raptors Assistant GM, Masai Ujiri, wins NBA Executive of the Year