Raptors 905 106, Westchester Knicks 91 | Box Score
Two-ways: Chris Boucher, Jordan Loyd (905), Isaiah Hicks (Knicks)
Raptors 905 continued their strong road performance this season in Westchester Monday night as they notched their second straight win, improving the team’s record to 19-12.
Chris Boucher led all scorers with 25 points along with 5 rebounds and 3 blocks. Malcolm Miller scored 15 points and Duane Notice added 14 off of the bench.
Sekou Wiggs led the Knicks with 22 points and 5 rebounds, while four starters for Westchester recorded 10 points each.
With a 54-49 Knicks lead heading into halftime, the 905 came into the third quarter looking to push Westchester. A corner 3-pointer two minutes into the period by Miller helped build an 8-0 run that gave the 905 its first lead of the game since the first quarter, forcing the Knicks to call a timeout.
A big third quarter surge for the 905 would ensue when back-to-back 3-pointers from Kyle Collinsworth and Rodney Pryor helped spark a 17-2 run to round out the period, giving the 905 an 81-66 lead heading into the final quarter.
The 905’s 3-point shooting was the difference in the second half. After going 5 of 20 through two quarters, the team would score 11 of 23 from long-range. Pryor’s 3-pointer with 8:24 left in the game gave the 905 its largest lead of the game at 95-74.
The 905 now move into second place in the eastern conference standings and also now hold the best road record (12-3) in the G League.
- Two-Way 905 Player Notes
- Jordan Loyd had a quiet scoring night with 10 points on 4 of 12 shooting, but provided the 905 with a big boost in facilitating the offence as he recorded 15 assists on the night with only 2 turnovers.
- Chris Boucher’s 25 points came off of 10 of 18 shooting with most of his scoring coming from inside the 3-point line. Boucher also had 5 rebounds and 3 blocked shots.
- Other 905 Player Notes
- Malcolm Miller started in his first game this season for the 905 after coming off of the bench in the previous two games. Miller looked very comfortable in his play and confident in catch-and-shoot scenarios. His 15 points included 4 3-pointers, and he also grabbed 4 rebounds along with dishing out 3 assists. Miller caught an alley-oop pass from Loyd in the second quarter that had 905 fans from last season smiling. At the end of the day, Miller is another player for the 905 who brings NBA experience and gives the team a de facto third two-way player.
- Two-Way Knicks Player Notes
- Kadeem Allen was called up to the New York Knicks for tonight’s matchup against the Charlotte Hornets, his first NBA game this season. In 18 minutes this evening, Allen recorded 8 points, 5 rebounds and 3 assists as the Knicks lost 101-92.
- Isaiah Hicks had a quiet night scoring 9 points but rounded his performance out with 7 rebounds, 3 assists and 3 blocks. Hicks as been averaging 16.9 points and 7.7 rebounds for Westchester this season.
- Admin Note
- For future home games, you can use the code REPUBLIC905 to get a discount on tickets.