Raptors 905 115, Wisconsin Herd 112 | Box Score
Two-ways: Chris Boucher (905), Bonzie Colson, Trevon Duval (Herd)
Chris Boucher scored a game-high 34 points and grabbed 12 rebounds for his 15th double-double of the season as the 905 defeated the Wisconsin Herd 115-112 on Wednesday night at Menominee Nation Arena.
Jordan Howard scored a career-high 27 points after missing the last five games with a groin injury, while Derek Cooke Jr. chipped in a double-double of his own, recording 14 points and 10 rebounds.
Bonzie Colson scored 28 points for the Herd, while Michael Qualls and former 905 big man Shevon Thompson added 24 and 20 points, respectively.
Boucher was a perfect 6 of 6 from the field to start the game scoring 14 points in the opening period. The 905’s lead grew to 16 points midway through the second quarter, but the Herd closed the half on a 14-8 run to cut the 905 lead to 62-58 heading into the locker room.
Nick Johnson knocked down two free throws late in the third quarter as the Herd took their first lead of the game since the 5:27 mark in the first quarter. But Wisconsin’s lead was short-lived as the 905 did what they do best as back-to-back-to-back 3-pointers from Josh Adams, Howard, and Rodney Pryor handed the lead back to the 905 at 87-81.
Despite a number of 905 scoring runs in the second half, including a Howard jumper that fostered another double-digit Raptors lead late in the fourth, Wisconsin kept finding ways to hang around.
With 37.9 seconds remaining in the game, Thompson scored a putback layup that cut the lead to 115-112. After a missed layup by the 905’s Josh Adams, the Herd failed to send the game to overtime as Johnson fumbled the basketball on the final possession before throwing up a last-second 3-point attempt.
- Two-Way 905 Player Notes
- Chris Boucher started the game hot, not missing a single field goal attempt in the first quarter. He scored 24 points (12/18 FG) in the first half, but got into some foul trouble in the final two quarters and ended the game with 34 points. With Jonas Valanciunas looking to make his return in the coming games, Boucher will likely be spending a lot more time consistently again with the 905.
- Jordan Loyd remains with the NBA Raptors as they face the Atlanta Hawks Thursday night on the road.
- Other 905 Player Notes
- Malachi Richardson was dealt earlier today to the Philadelphia 76ers along with the draft rights to Emir Preldzic and draft considerations in exchange for cash considerations. As Blake Murphy reported, the move frees up a bit of financial flexibility and a roster spot, and is sure to be a precursor to another move either ahead of tomorrow’s trade deadline or in the near future. In Richardson’s 12 games with the 905 this season, he has averaged 20.8 points, 5.8 rebounds and was shooting 39.3% from long-distance.
- Jordan Howard had a career-night, scoring 27 points off of the bench on 9 of 14 shooting. The rookie out of Central Arkansas sank 5 3’s and dished out 4 assists along the way. The 905 seem to be loaded at the guard position, but Kyle Collinsworth’s injury (read below) may call for more ball-handlers to step up such as Howard.
- Kyle Collinsworth suffered a base of the fifth metatarsal fracture during this past Monday’s practice. According to the media release, Collinsworth will be re-evaluated in three weeks.
- Two-Way Herd Player Notes
- Bonzie Colson scored a team-high 28 points for the Herd along with 5 rebounds and 3 steals. Colson has been averaging 15.6 points and 7.1 rebounds this season prior to tonight’s game.
- Trevon Duval had a quiet night for Wisconsin, scoring 9 points off of the bench. Duval has averaged 12.5 points, 3.3 assists and 2.5 rebounds this season.
- Admin Note
- For future home games, you can use the code REPUBLIC905 to get a discount on tickets.