This week on The The Doctor Is In with Phdsteve, I know you have been waiting weeks for the return of the Doctor and so I bring you not 10, not 20, not 30, but 60 minutes of Raptors talk! A big thank you to Zarar and to Blake for taking care of the Rapcasts in my absence. For your listening pleasure I’ve assembled the world wide roundtable. Joined by my brother Mike from Nigeria (who knows college basketball), Greg Mason our resident American (and brain from the south), and The Fifth Quarter Blog’s Blair Miller, we discuss:
- Masai Ujiri’s work in the offseason to date
- Nothing on a draft night where only the Raptors and Heat made no picks & 24 trades made!
- Bargnani deal: addition by subtraction?
- The reported signings of back up PGs Julyan Stone and Dwight Buycks
- The signing of Tyler Hansborough and who starts now at the PF: Amir or Tyler Hans?
- Players still out there for the Raptors? I like Kendrick Perkins- if OKC amnesty him but Greg has “sources” who have informed him of a more likely candidate.
- Front office additions Bobby Webster and Jeff Weltman
- Coaching changes: namely new offensive and defensive co-ordinators Nick Nurse and Bill Bayno
- And what this all means for the roster moving forward
Lastly now that the team has said they are not tanking and given that they won 34 games last year, Steve argues that Kyle Lowry will make the All-star team next year and help the Raptors to a 46 win season and possibly another Atlantic Division banner!