Watching Amir get dunked on…
I had a pre-game half written, when it dawned on me that this is the worst possible kind of meaningless game the Raptors could play: if the Raptors win, they’re going to jeopardize their lottery status while not proving anything against the 2nd worst team in the league; if the lose, they will have lost to the 2nd worst team in league for the second time this season. With that in my mind, I’m only going to offer a this:
WHO CARES, REALLY?
Is officially blowing it up, and planning for next season, really not palatable by anyone other than me? Figure Bargnani is sideline for the half of February, at least, that’s like 8-9 more losses. I’d like to propose a solution:
- Flip Calderon to the Lakers for Odom’s trade exception ($8.9mil) plus expiring filler and a couple 2nd round picks (doesn’t work on Trade Machine, but it should, numbers work)
- Send Barbosa + cash (you know MJ is hurting) to Charlotte for Diaw and a 2nd round pick (trade machine)
- Pick up a point guard from the D-League to back-up Bayless and Carter (Rafer is available; why the hell not?), and a big so Alabi has someone to talk too, and can cover a couple minutes when Bargnani gets shelved for the season in March
The roster would look something like:
PG Bayless / Carter / D-Leaguer
SG DeRozan / Forbes / Butler
SF J. Johnson / Kleiza / Butler
PF Bargnani / Davis / Diaw / D-Leaguer
C Gray / A. Johnson / Alabi
With Casey at the helm, you know he’ll get everything out of this lot and they’ll play hard; just less talent than we have now. I can live with this, but the picks will be crucial. In fact, at this point, I’ll take anything at all. Just need to know there’s a pulse in the front office trying to make shit happen.
Raptors by 4
Sorry for the weak piece; it was an angry night
- Seriously! What’s Going On DeMar?
- Raptors Roll Call Feb 3 vs Wizards